France in November (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Been windy and heavily overcast today but dry up until about 7pm. We've spent most of the day in the van reading apart from a short walk to watch the sea crashing onto the shoreline. We're in the middle of a storm now with thunder and lightning going on all around us. Watching the lightning with all the lights out is quite spectacular.

I love storms, that why I like winter here in Cornwall ... it could be just a bit warmer though...:cool:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Been windy and heavily overcast today but dry up until about 7pm. We've spent most of the day in the van reading apart from a short walk to watch the sea crashing onto the shoreline. We're in the middle of a storm now with thunder and lightning going on all around us. Watching the lightning with all the lights out is quite spectacular.
Been watching the storm getting closer on http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=...t=2;m=sat;r=0;s=200;o=3;b=0.00;d=7;dl=6;dc=0;
and thought of you.
Now waiting for it to reach us. It's been blowing a hoolie all day and getting rougher.
Might be a noisy night. The van is rocking even though we are up on the jacks.

Richard.

OP
OP
mustaphapint

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Les Medes is as advertised, sun, blue sky and 22c.
Thanks for the tip off @mustaphapint, we are on H16 now. We did wander round to say hello but you either weren't answering the door to two scruffy vagabonds or had gone out.
Will catch you later no doubt.

Richard.
Good to meet up with you both. I hope the weather is good for the rest of your stay. Perhaps you'd like to join us for a walk or even a gentle cycle ride into the town for lunch at one of the restaurants during the next few days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mustaphapint

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
We set off again today to try reach the Castle Montgri. We've now realised it's only accessible by foot. We took the scooter up the track to the church of St Caterina again to find another fiesta in progress. Not as big as last Sunday's and no police presence this time. We parked up by the church and followed the footpath up to a monument on a ridge about halfway to the castle. That's enough exercise for today. Excellent views of the surrounding area and a possible sighting of a couple of eagles. We finished the afternoon by exploring some of the dirt tracks amongst the olive groves between Torroella and l'Estartit.
WP_20161125_001.jpg

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Good to meet up with you Paul and Vanessa and put faces to names.
Very much enjoyed your company and good conversation.

Hope the rest of your trip home goes smoothly.

Richard & Kate.
PS The weather here at Les Medes is glorious today. :D

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We are now back at our home in Brittany. The days on the journey home have been clear and sunny but the nights have been very cold. On Thursday morning we woke up to a layer of ice on the inside of the windscreen.

Thanks for all the info an d pictures.....(y)

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Glad you got back safely.
Been cold down here at Les Medes at night too. Lots of grass frost on the field the other morning but it has been glorious during the day with wall to wall sunshine.
It's now raining and has been for most of the night. The forecast said drizzle. If that was drizzle I would hate to get caught out in Spanish rain. :eek: #hissing down.

Richard.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We are now back at our home in Brittany. The days on the journey home have been clear and sunny but the nights have been very cold. On Thursday morning we woke up to a layer of ice on the inside of the windscreen.
We've had some lovely sunny days and clear nights for the last few days in Brittany.
Very cold though.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Arrived home Sunday last, b cold at night, sunny and warmish (10) by day as long as you don't wander into the shaded bits. Meteo promises that night temps will rise to a tropical 5 or 6 but little daytime change. Not a hint of rain since my return and 10 day forecast promises dry.

I hope that those of you staying in your MH have remembered your thermals.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Thermals at home too, we don't get our heating ( pellet stove) fitted till 14th, so it's a tad chilly with just a petrole stove burning away all day. Good job I have lots of laminate flooring to fit to keep me warm.
Our forecast is for warmer nights too, between 7 and 9 next week.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
This morning walked the dog in the Limousin, -3C at the start after 2 hours +13C

Forecasting 15C for tomorrow...

In recent days the coldest it has been for a while at night...

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Be careful of any sites near rivers nr Cannes, Biot etc. We were evacuated last year from one in Biot, a few weeks later people were killed there in more storms. The flash floods are incredible, very quick and very common from beginning of Oct. The rivers swell quickly, hence the sites can get boggy at best, flooded at worst.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
It has turned much warmer here on the Costa Brava, 15Âşc this morning. It's a bit murky and drizzle is forecast but the sun keeps poking its head through the clouds.
Watching Spanish TV last night and they were showing awful floods in Marbella and Mijas.
Forecasts look good after today though.

Richard.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just an update to this thread.

Back home now to the third world, aka Brittain.
Crash, bang, wallop all the way home from Folkestone on roads full of holes. Fog and murk, idiot drivers with no lights in thick fog on motorways and why are so many modern cars built without indicators? GRRRRR!!

However, we had a brilliant time on our last minute, unexpected trip which was inspired by @mustaphapint (Paul and Vanessa) and his weather reports from Spain.
We enjoyed Camping Les Medes and out time in Spain and the drive home through France was just wonderful.
The low winter sun lit up the scenery as we had never seen it before, so different to the harsh bright light of summer.
Stopped at some lovely aires, all free (y), and took our time coming back.

I actually got myself in gear this time and updated our blog as we went so details of our stops are now on-line for anyone interested. I will add GPS co-ordinates in the next day or two.
Blog link in my signature below.

Thanks again Paul and Vanessa for the inspiration to head south and for your company. :xsmile:

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back