Folding bikes for cheapskates

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Easyliving, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

Hi

Much as I would like to able to afford a £900+ electric bike I can't so I had a look round to see what else is available. These are the cheapest folding bikes I could find - only £109.99 each from Argos. Until 11th August (allegedly) Argos are giving away a £10 voucher every time you spend £100 or more so I managed to buy our bikes in 2 transactions and so got £20 in vouchers.

They are dead easy to put together and look reasonably well made. We only need bikes for the trip to get the morning baguette or a short ride along a riverside path etc so they are good enough for us.

Paul

DSCN9957.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  2. chaser

chaser Funster

No cheapskate about it , why spend money you don't have to, just to get something fancy that you would never use to their full potential (y):)

3. audlin

audlin Funster

Are they easy to ride? I have great difficulty putting my bike on the bike rack so a folding bike is worth considering for solar use as you.

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

One improvement you can make to the ride of most folding bikes is to change the chain ring (the big 'cog' that the pedals attach to) for a larger one, at least 52 teeth - most come with small ones of around 40 teeth which means that you have to pedal a lot harder (ie make more rotations) to get the same distance. When we bought our folding electric bikes this was something that I looked at carefully to ensure they would be comfy to ride either with or without power assistance.

5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

They don't look bad at all - I particularly like the adjustable angle of the handlebars so you can get the distance just right, a lot of more expensive folding bikes don't have this ability.