Folding bikes for cheapskates (1 Viewer)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

Much as I would like to able to afford a £900+ electric bike I can't so I had a look round to see what else is available.Broken Link Removed are the cheapest folding bikes I could find - only £109.99 each from Argos. Until 11th August (allegedly) Argos are giving away a £10 voucher every time you spend £100 or more so I managed to buy our bikes in 2 transactions and so got £20 in vouchers.

They are dead easy to put together and look reasonably well made. We only need bikes for the trip to get the morning baguette or a short ride along a riverside path etc so they are good enough for us.

Paul

DSCN9957.JPG

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No cheapskate about it , why spend money you don't have to, just to get something fancy that you would never use to their full potential (y):)

Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
Are they easy to ride? I have great difficulty putting my bike on the bike rack so a folding bike is worth considering for solar use as you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One improvement you can make to the ride of most folding bikes is to change the chain ring (the big 'cog' that the pedals attach to) for a larger one, at least 52 teeth - most come with small ones of around 40 teeth which means that you have to pedal a lot harder (ie make more rotations) to get the same distance. When we bought our folding electric bikes this was something that I looked at carefully to ensure they would be comfy to ride either with or without power assistance.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi

Much as I would like to able to afford a £900+ electric bike I can't so I had a look round to see what else is available.Broken Link Removed are the cheapest folding bikes I could find - only £109.99 each from Argos. Until 11th August (allegedly) Argos are giving away a £10 voucher every time you spend £100 or more so I managed to buy our bikes in 2 transactions and so got £20 in vouchers.

They are dead easy to put together and look reasonably well made. We only need bikes for the trip to get the morning baguette or a short ride along a riverside path etc so they are good enough for us.

Paul
They don't look bad at all - I particularly like the adjustable angle of the handlebars so you can get the distance just right, a lot of more expensive folding bikes don't have this ability.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back