Rally Flower show and messing about on the river @Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I reckon if you were blind & drunk & had a broken leg thats a pretty good indication of a good night:ROFLMAO:
Yep, been there and done it................................May 20015, but I blame the nylon carpet for my slipping and breaking my leg. There couldn't have been alcohol involved at all, as the carpet was dry and it didn't smell of alcohol whilst I was down there. :rofl:

And there was me thinking that was the plan all along(y)
Shhhhhhhhh Martin, they don't know that. :doh:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Yep, been there and done it................................May 20015, but I blame the nylon carpet for my slipping and breaking my leg. There couldn't have been alcohol involved at all, as the carpet was dry and it didn't smell of alcohol whilst I was down there. :rofl:

Shhhhhhhhh Martin, they don't know that. :doh:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)
you can tell me all about that whilst you're explaining the awning to me:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Sorry Debs only just seen this, the historic one please(y)
Ok I'll move you across when I do an update over the weekend.

I decided to hang on ringing the TI till after the weekend to see how many more may be interested in either the guided historic or ghost walk.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ok I'll move you across when I do an update over the weekend.

I decided to hang on ringing the TI till after the weekend to see how many more may be interested in either the guided historic or ghost walk.

Hi Debs

Is it looking like one Ghost and one History, My guess is that will be a few more takers when we are all in the field, I also think that there will be some from N+B but they take a bit or organising(y)

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Debs

Is it looking like one Ghost and one History, My guess is that will be a few more takers when we are all in the field, I also think that there will be some from N+B but they take a bit or organising(y)

Martin
Yes I think so Martin:)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK CANOEING

For anybody interested we can do a river trip from the Montford Bridge back down to the site on the Sunday, this would be in open Canadian Canoes which take two people or three with a little one, we would organise taxi transport to the start and then meet the canoes there where all the equipment will be waiting for us, the paddle back is a gentle 4-5 hours plus a lunch stop (provide your own sandwiches).

There is a catch of course and that is that it costs £60 per canoe or £30 each if that sounds better, any solo's will "pair up".

I need numbers for this as we have to book the spaces, and then if you put your names down I will be wanting money.

Martin

EDIT

I will start the list.

@funflair 2 seats
@DAVE CANOE 2 seats
Ding Dong (from N+B)
@jonegood 2 seats

Last edited:

Pete-Jay-Sophie

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
Hi Martin, going to contact jan today to pay and send bank transfer for flower show, could you confirm if the price for Sophis is also £19 (she is 10).

Kind regards

Jayne

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi @Debs

Two from N+B for the ghost walk please put them down as "Ding Dong"

Martin
Hi Martin, going to contact jan today to pay and send bank transfer for flower show, could you confirm if the price for Sophis is also £19 (she is 10).

Kind regards

Jayne
Hi Jayne

That was a good question so I have just checked and she is FREE(y)

Martin.

Oops I think I made a mess of that,

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Kind regards

Jayne
Hi Jayne

I made a mess of the "quote" but I guess you can see the answer anyway.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK just going through the list of interest vs booked for the meet, the following showed interest but not booked so just a heads up for you.

@irnbru @rupert @hoot007 @garjanco @Harp07 @ToddyTwo @toledo @rangitira

There is still plenty of room for camping if anybody else want to come, but we will be closing the advanced tickets for the flower show at the end of this month and the canoe trip will have limited availability.

I guess there is still space on the walks but @Debs will be keeping us up to speed on that.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@Debs as the two walks go at different times "Town History" @4pm and the "Ghost walks" @7pm, can we do them both please(y)

Martin

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Martin,Sorry but mum isn't wanting to commit yet due to waiting on hospital appointments so can you take me and Rupert off the list meantime.
Hopefully we might rejoin it at a later date.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin,Sorry but mum isn't wanting to commit yet due to waiting on hospital appointments so can you take me and Rupert off the list meantime.
Hopefully we might rejoin it at a later date.
Hi Sandra

Its OK you can stay on the maybe list, it was just a heads up incase you had not seen the updates.

Martin

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
OK CANOEING

For anybody interested we can do a river trip from the Montford Bridge back down to the site on the Sunday, this would be in open Canadian Canoes which take two people or three with a little one, we would organise taxi transport to the start and then meet the canoes there where all the equipment will be waiting for us, the paddle back is a gentle 4-5 hours plus a lunch stop (provide your own sandwiches).

There is a catch of course and that is that it costs £60 per canoe or £30 each if that sounds better, any solo's will "pair up".

I need numbers for this as we have to book the spaces, and then if you put your names down I will be wanting money.

Martin

I'll leave this as late as poss if I can Martin cos I'm doing some more Kayaking in the next couple of weeks and if I enjoy it I might buy my own(y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'll leave this as late as poss if I can Martin cos I'm doing some more Kayaking in the next couple of weeks and if I enjoy it I might buy my own(y)
Hi Tim

Thats all OK BUT this is a river trip from Montford Bridge to the site (downhill all the way) and the problem is getting our own canoes and kayaks to the start point, the guy we are hiring off will take his canoes on a trailer to the start and we will have to get a taxi/mini bus.

What are you fancying Kayak or Canoe, for one or two people.

Martin

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Sorry mate, should have let you know sooner can't make it .

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
GUIDED WALKS these have now been booked and paid for. Tours last 90 minutes.

Historical - SATURDAY 12 AUGUST 4pm

Funflair x 2
Reckless x 2
Debs x 2
berni109 x 2
JockandRita x 2
Jenben x 2
Wizzer59 x 1

Ghost walk - SATURDAY 12 AUGUST 7pm

Davidg58 x2
Brendan x 1
adt x 1
Neilfg x 2
Ding Dong x 2 (N&B)

Plenty more spaces if you would like to join, please let me know by posting on here. The tour guides can take up to 20 with each group and have been recommended. The cost of the guides is £55 & £60 which will be split between us all - so the more the merrier. The plan is for monies to be collected on the day at the moment.

a couple of other bits of info from the TI office
The flower show fireworks start around 9.45pm both nights.
for the first time flowershowgowers will be able to come and go as they please. Events are on right up until the start of the fireworks.

please shout if you see anything odd as I'm on my one legged donkey of a lappy
cheers
Debs

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I did see that Martin and Jen (funflair) were going to do both walks

and I have just spotted that the walks have been prepaid, are you really sure you don't want paying now? doesn't seem right to make you wait for it back till August :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I did see that Martin and Jen (funflair) were going to do both walks

and I have just spotted that the walks have been prepaid, are you really sure you don't want paying now? doesn't seem right to make you wait for it back till August :)
Well spotted David, come on @Debs sort that one legged Donkey out(y)

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

We have raided the flower show ticket fund David so all is sorted:LOL:

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
GUIDED WALKS these have now been booked and paid for. Tours last 90 minutes.

Historical - SATURDAY 12 AUGUST 4pm

Funflair x 2
Reckless x 2
Debs x 2
berni109 x 2
JockandRita x 2
Jenben x 2
Wizzer59 x 1

Ghost walk - SATURDAY 12 AUGUST 7pm

Davidg58 x2
Brendan x 1
adt x 1
Neilfg x 2
Ding Dong x 2 (N&B)
Funflair x 2 :p

Plenty more spaces if you would like to join, please let me know by posting on here. The tour guides can take up to 20 with each group and have been recommended. The cost of the guides is £55 & £60 which will be split between us all - so the more the merrier. The plan is for monies to be collected on the day at the moment.

a couple of other bits of info from the TI office
The flower show fireworks start around 9.45pm both nights.
for the first time flowershowgowers will be able to come and go as they please. Events are on right up until the start of the fireworks.

please shout if you see anything odd as I'm on my one legged donkey of a lappy
cheers
Debs

gold star @DavidG58 :LOL:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Are there any spaces left on this rally please?

Hi Hils, yes it's in the showground so plenty of spaces if any more want to join us.....any more from the morning thread, instead of waiting till 2018 & Brian & Jo's meet??????

I may as well post on there hadn't I?

If you've not been before Shrewsbury is a lovely old town, lots of independent shops & full of nooks & crannies. The showground is about a 10 minute walk away. Free buses to the flower show will be running from where we are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back