Rally Flower show and messing about on the river @Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
SHREWSBURY GUIDED GROUP WALKING TOURS

Martin & myself have been chatting (in other words he's been delegating:LOL:) & we wondered if there would be any interest from folks to have a guided walk around this lovely historic town.

The tours take 90 mins and are run by the tourist information office. The time/day can be arranged to suit us. They also offer an evening ghost walk which starts at 7pm.

I've rung & had a quick chat.

The cost is £55 or £60 for the ghost walk and is for up to 20 people. Obviously if we can get 20 then the max cost works out at £3 pp which I think is a bit of a barg.

Dogs are allowed - however if they go into the castle grounds or a church etc you will need to wait outside.

Is anyone interested????

P.s. @funflair are you posting on the N&B meet about this too?
Not for me Deb's thanks....i think by the time I get back from the show I will have had enough walking but I really appreciate all you're hard work.
Of course if it is arranged for non show days I could do Thursday for Ghost walk only please....coming home Sunday. Thanks Hilary

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Not for me Deb's thanks....i think by the time I get back from the show I will have had enough walking but I really appreciate all you're hard work.
Of course if it is arranged for non show days I could do Thursday for Ghost walk only please....coming home Sunday. Thanks Hilary
Morning Hillary - are you doing both days at the flower show then?

I'm provisionally thinking arranging the walk on Saturday 4pm (subject to the guide being available) my thougts are the Friday may be a bit quieter in the flower show & a 4pm start for the walk will hopefully see alot of the shoppers left town by then & it won't be so crowded.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
For anybody going to the flower show there will be busses running from our field to close to the show site so not too much walking to get there, I wish I could take credit for organising this But its because the field next to us is used for the park and ride(y)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Hi Deb's I have ordered 2 tickets on the assumption that if I don't get someone to come with me I will go both days .....there appears to be a lot going on ..The arena events are on all day until quite late apparently but they have not as yet published the schedule for this so I don't know what there is to see or when !

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Deb's I have ordered 2 tickets on the assumption that if I don't get someone to come with me I will go both days .....there appears to be a lot going on ..The arena events are on all day until quite late apparently but they have not as yet published the schedule for this so I don't know what there is to see or when !
I expect that things will go on until the fireworks and they can't start too early as it'll be too light.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Lorraine would like to go on the ghost tour as well.
As with the flower show, I'll stay and guard a pub somewhere with the dogs ... I mean the van, guard the van with the dogs.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
GUIDED WALK INTEREST

Historical
Funflair x 2
Reckless x 2
Debs x 2
berni109 x 2
Wizzer59 x 1

Ghost walk
Davidg58 x2
Brendan x 1
adt x 1

This is just a list of interest at the minute folks.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'll go on the ghost walk but you'll have to hold my hand @Debs cos lm a little bit scared of the dark:eek::p
You will be OK it won't be dark as the last tour starts at 7:00 pm I think.

Martin

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
ok, I've swapped you to the ghost walk.

I'll ring the tourist info office tomorrow

No it's ok Debs I was only kidding with you:cool: don't really want to miss the fireworks, although as you've already said they will have to be quite late(y)

Pete-Jay-Sophie

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
Hi Martin,

What do we need to do to pay you? Pete and Sophie would be interested in the canoeing. We would like to do one day at the flower show if you are organising a group ticket.

Thanks Jayne

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin,

What do we need to do to pay you? Pete and Sophie would be interested in the canoeing. We would like to do one day at the flower show if you are organising a group ticket.

Thanks Jayne

Hi Jayne

If you go back to page 7 of this thread post number 126 has all the payment details and options, camping is paid direct to the site and then just post back her that you are booked and for what dates, yes you can have EHU just ask when you book.

If you want flower show tickets the options are again of page 7.

I am still seeing what deal can be done around canoeing but whatever happens a few of us will have our own so there will be a chance to have a borrow and a play around.

Keep an eye/watch on this thread and I will update the canoeing(y)

Dont forget the walking tours that Debs is taking numbers for, I understand that they are very good.

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
No it's ok Debs I was only kidding with you:cool: don't really want to miss the fireworks, although as you've already said they will have to be quite late(y)

I'm confused (easy) sorry but can you confirm which walk you'd prefer? Cheers

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
GUIDED WALK INTEREST

Historical

Funflair x 2
Reckless x 2
Debs x 2
berni109 x 2

Ghost walk

Davidg58 x2
Brendan x 1
adt x 1
Wizzer59 x 1
Neilfg x 2

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The fireworks don't start till gone 9 pm and are on two nights so I wouldn't worry.

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Two more for the Historical Walk on the Saturday please @Debs, and we'll do the Flower Show on the Friday. (y)

Cheers thanks,

Jock & Rita. :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
GUIDED WALK INTEREST

Historical

Funflair x 2
Reckless x 2
Debs x 2
berni109 x 2
JockandRita x 2

Ghost walk

Davidg58 x2
Brendan x 1
adt x 1
Wizzer59 x 1
Neilfg x 2

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Two more for the Historical Walk on the Saturday please @Debs, and we'll do the Flower Show on the Friday. (y)

@Debs , hadn't noticed the walk options now I have seen them. Could Chris and I be included for the historic walk on the Saturday as well please ? We are copying @JockandRita .(y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Debs , hadn't noticed the walk options now I have seen them. Could Chris and I be included for the historic walk on the Saturday as well please ? We are copying @JockandRita .(y)
of course Carolyn, I'll add you when I update the list. Lu has found me out her old laptop as I'm struggling with the ipad mini & cut & paste. Trouble is, I've not used a lappy for years and it runs like a blind, drunken donkey with one leg and that's broken! (no donkeys were harmed when typing this comment)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I wish someone would show me how to wind it out & set up & away properly. I've got a tiny phobia about it after all the horror stories. I do like my pop up though:D2
No probs @Debs. That will be at the top of our itinerary whilst at Shrewsbury (y) ...............................if you remind me please Debs. :(

We are copying @JockandRita .(y)
Ooooooh, I wouldn't do that Carolyn & Chris. You might end up in some "den of iniquity" along the way. :LOL:

Trouble is, I've not used a lappy for years and it runs like a blind, drunken donkey with one leg and that's broken! (no donkeys were harmed when typing this comment)
Maybe not, but I hope at least one had a good time. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@JockandRita thanks Jock, that would be much appreciated(y)

I reckon if you were blind & drunk & had a broken leg thats a pretty good indication of a good night:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back