First ride and nearly got taken out. (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
By a bloody Brit, we went for a ride to see the vultures in the Monfragüe national park and were heading along a fairly straight road. I went to overtake him and he veered onto my side of the road, after he parked up beside me I asked the snooty 🐄 passenger if the driver never saw or heard us. Her reply was that they never came onto the other side of the road , I think they are novices as they struggled to park their pvc then proceeded to attach a steering wheel clamp plus set off the alarm several times when locking the van. Total muppets as they only walked a few yards from the van. 😡

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
KTM looks nice, can’t wait to get on ours again, just recovering from a hip replacement so another few weeks yet 😉
Pleased you managed to miss the idiot

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
So glad you survived this incident it happens all too often Bikers are invisible to the vast majority of 4wheel vehicles.
I’ve actually packed it in other than the Scooter now and sold all my gear boots/leathers/helmets etc so l cannot be tempted to put my leg across a mean machine again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
A small error on a car drivers part normally means serious injuries for bikers and cyclists. You have my sympathy, I used to road cycle but gave up as I thought it would actually kill me. :-(

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Great idea, I’m 5 weeks post op and expected to be able to get my leg over by now 😳😉🤪🤣
Mine are in for MOT this week and 3 months post op back surgery but it will be another week til I ride them as I really dont want to hit a pothole and will have to travel in the dark one way as work 12 hour shifts (Suzuki address for motorhome and Forza for commuting)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back