First night in the staff car park solo :-) (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
So I had a silly o clock report time of 0520 this morning which means getting up about 3am to make it in time for the commute and staff bus etc into work.

Instead I rolled up a little after 8pm to the staff Carpark in the Motorhome and had a nice relaxed night getting up at 0430 instead :)

Might not sound much difference but on the back end of the clock you feel it.

Dodged a 2nd bullet also as my little girl had a temperature last night and mum was up every half hour with her so that would have destroyed any quality sleep I was likely to get. (Yes mum needs sleep too but she did not have to fly a 70ton jet with 200 people off skiing this morning).

Anyway off home now I have packed up to rescue a tired mummy.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
When you take out an insurance policy it always asks you what your intended use is, eg "social, domestic and pleasure only", "SDP and commuting" etc so you should know exactly what you're covered for at the time you buy it.
Yes in the UK all I wanted was a policy that covered me for 24/7,365 50k miles on the cars , nothing that required thinking about when one broke down just use another. The real problem that I had initially was that they could not comprehend that the vehicle couldn't be guaranteed to be parked in the same place at night if it was being used in place of my vans.the same occurred with the vans.
Here it is quite simple. Occasional use, i.e. weekends not used for school or work .
Daily use 7 days a week , including school /work.
Professional.
Additionally if you have a car derived van or a van with rear passenger seats then it will usually be classed as 'mixed use ' in the log book meaning any insurance is commercial & covers you to carry anything.
My MH is covered for daily use with 35k kms/year. Although not many ask.

Upvote 0

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Me too. I'll be buying the DVD at some point.
i wont spoil it for you ,but my missus who is in the industry told me that sully and his wife kept sending the script back with red lipstick through the parts that they did not like

i wonder if the line from the co pilot at the very end was true , its a very good movie,you will enjoy it im sure

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
i wont spoil it for you ,but my missus who is in the industry told me that sully and his wife kept sending the script back with red lipstick through the parts that they did not like

i wonder if the line from the co pilot at the very end was true , its a very good movie,you will enjoy it im sure

I should have said I have seen it once and agree with the line at the end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
@davidathomas42 have you watched the movie "sully" yet ? i thoroughly enjoyed it

Yea saw it a few weeks ago. Very very good movie and very well done. Its obvious that Sully had a lot of input in the technical stuff.

It upset my missis as she knows if anything were to happen even if you do good job your only a hero for a day and then "They are coming for you"

Kind of ties in with the insurance theme of this thread today. The insurers always look for a way out.

On a lighter note. Last week I had a night out with the missis and I ordered my first Sully
(A shot of Grey Goose and a splash of water) It was very very nice.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
wouldnt it all be so much simpler if we insured our selves for driving third party then insured the vehicles seperately im pretty sure many countries do it this waymy daughter drove in america in a friends car and she just had to get a months cover for herself not the car

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
wouldnt it all be so much simpler if we insured our selves for driving third party then insured the vehicles seperately im pretty sure many countries do it this waymy daughter drove in america in a friends car and she just had to get a months cover for herself not the car
I think that the friends car would only have been a low value one and had third party cover (if any) otherwise the cost of repairing/replacing it if your daughter had an accident would have been expensive. I can see the logic behind insuring ourselves rather than with a specific vehicle but if it meant we'd be able to drive ANY car it could prove very expensive for if we had to pay for any repairs due to an accident, or even if it was a right off!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back