Finally got an MPG figure for my van.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gromett, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Gromett

Gromett Funster

I finally remembered to reset the clock last time I filled up and note down how many miles when I filled up this time.

The last 6 weeks have been on country roads with lots of slow bends and T junctions so not as good as a long motorway trip.

427 Miles 62.81 liters. I reckon this to be about 31mpg:thumb:.

I think I get close to 40mpg on long motor way trips. Not bad to say I live in it and it carries everything I have needed for the last 2 years including the tools to build it:thumb::thumb::thumb:. I was surprised that I got this much considering the types of roads I have been on.:BigGrin:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. buttons

buttons Funster

Looks good to me, you could make a few jealous you know. I'm sure you could get in the high 30s or as you say 40 if you take it easy. Just had a nose on full timers did I get the right one, Looks good and economical too:thumb:

Attached Files:

3. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Yup, that's mine.

I know I do a lot better on normal trips than my recent mileage as I have to fill up a lot more when I do regular runs from Louth <- -> Coningsby than when I do Coningsby <- -> Retford. Even though the latter one is more miles.
    I get considerably when doing motorway runs as I tend to sit behind a lorry and am less than half throttle. Whereas on the country roads it is up and down the gears like a racing driver and sometimes full throttle on the steep hills....

I am looking forward to a long run to see what I can actually get out of the little pile of junk:Rofl1:

4. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Finally filled up after the stratford run. Did the calculations and it was 30.06mpg.

I reckon this was because I was in a rush to get down there as I set off late. I must admit I did do stretches of the journey at 70mph...

Still that works out at 20p a mile which I can't complain about:thumb:

• Like Like x 1