Finally got an MPG figure for my van. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I finally remembered to reset the clock last time I filled up and note down how many miles when I filled up this time.

The last 6 weeks have been on country roads with lots of slow bends and T junctions so not as good as a long motorway trip.

427 Miles 62.81 liters. I reckon this to be about 31mpg:thumb:.

I think I get close to 40mpg on long motor way trips. Not bad to say I live in it and it carries everything I have needed for the last 2 years including the tools to build it:thumb::thumb::thumb:. I was surprised that I got this much considering the types of roads I have been on.::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I finally remembered to reset the clock last time I filled up and note down how many miles when I filled up this time.

The last 6 weeks have been on country roads with lots of slow bends and T junctions so not as good as a long motorway trip.

427 Miles 62.81 liters. I reckon this to be about 31mpg:thumb:.

I think I get close to 40mpg on long motor way trips. Not bad to say I live in it and it carries everything I have needed for the last 2 years including the tools to build it:thumb::thumb::thumb:. I was surprised that I got this much considering the types of roads I have been on.::bigsmile:
Looks good to me, you could make a few jealous you know. I'm sure you could get in the high 30s or as you say 40 if you take it easy. Just had a nose on full timers did I get the right one, Looks good and economical too:thumb:

Attachments

• happyford-300x137.jpg
    happyford-300x137.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yup, that's mine.

I know I do a lot better on normal trips than my recent mileage as I have to fill up a lot more when I do regular runs from Louth <- -> Coningsby than when I do Coningsby <- -> Retford. Even though the latter one is more miles.
I get considerably when doing motorway runs as I tend to sit behind a lorry and am less than half throttle. Whereas on the country roads it is up and down the gears like a racing driver and sometimes full throttle on the steep hills....

I am looking forward to a long run to see what I can actually get out of the little pile of junk:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Finally filled up after the stratford run. Did the calculations and it was 30.06mpg.

I reckon this was because I was in a rush to get down there as I set off late. I must admit I did do stretches of the journey at 70mph...

Still that works out at 20p a mile which I can't complain about:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back