Fiat Sat Nav

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by parigby, Mar 8, 2016.

1. parigby

parigby Read Only Funster

Hi folks,

We will shortly be taking delivery of a new MoHome on a Fiat base. This particular vehicle comes with the factory fitted Sat Nav.

Can anyone out there give any feedback on this unit, just how good / indifferent / bad is it. At present we use (very happy with) a Snooper Ventura.

Thanks in advance

2. ****

**** Read Only Funster

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

The usual problem with built in satnav is how to update them or add a POI file. If these can be done then it should be OK. I believe the software inside them comes from a satnav manufacturer.

4. Late Starting

Late Starting Funster

We have a 2015 Auto-trail on a Fiat Ducato Base not update able as Fiat did not buy any updates from Tom Tom it gives instructions in book how to update but does not work been in to Fiat Dealer 3 times they cannot do anything with it for the reasons I have given
    Also it does not do Traffic.
    THE DEALER WILL NOT TELL YOU ANY OF THIS AS THEY ARE ALL DUCKING THE ISSUE Ours was ALL PAYED 4 before I got hold of the manuals/instruction books etc.
    When I pulled the MD about it they just did not want to know
    Cliff

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. landscaper

landscaper Funster

We had a sat nav with our 2007 fiat and ditched it within a month - absolutely hopeless. Maybe things have improved. Have now bought and are very happy with our TomTom

6. DiggerJon

DiggerJon Funster

How many built in sat navy in vehicles are actually as good as off the shelf add ons? The sat nav in my Jaguar is the most complicated, useless piece of equipment aboard it, and the discs running it from the boot were out of date when I bought the car new! Upgrades? Why bother at over £100 from Jaguar for a badly designed pile of rubbish! Oh dear, that was a rant and high jacking another's thread - sorry!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Absolute agree with the above. Built in sat nav in my Landrover is really rubbish

8. maz

maz Funster

I only use it to hang my written route notes from. I would trust it as far as I can throw my Trucker's Atlas. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. landscaper

landscaper Funster

Can say the absolute same for an uptodate Isuzu and a VW Polo - rubbish compared to TomTom - don't know why they bother!

10. ****

**** Read Only Funster

I was going to change the head unit in my Fiat Stilo for one with the built in nav but other guys on the forum with them as standard have nothing but bother with them. At the time i was running a hooky copy of iGO8 from the SD card on a Binatone sat nav what was running flawless so binned the idea.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Newfie

Newfie Funster

A bit of a result with the Tom Tom maps
    Picked up our new fiat based Benimar 1 sept 2016, checked the sat nav & shows Dec 2014 version maps.
    Called Fiat help line & asked for the latest map update (as all new fiat come with a 90 day latest map update) they replied that the version I had was the latest.
    So downloaded the Tomtom app & data from the Uconnect in the MH
    Tomtom app shows no upgrade available unless you pay £49.
    Contacted Tomtom helpline & there was an update available which they let us have.
    So now running May 2016 maps

12. iandsm

iandsm Funster

I have factory fitted sat nav in my Merc car which can be updated by buying new cd discs.. I don't use it much as I prefer my Garmin. However, the one thing I love about the female voice is that she speaks as if she went to a very very good school. I expect she has a pony and a boyfriend called Giles and lives mostly in London but goes to the country for the weekends.

13. zac

zac Funster Life Member

The fiat satnav uses tomtom but it is built for the car and not a motorhome, there are no options to input size of vehicle and when i first started using it it was always sending me down narrow lanes.So much so i now dont use it as it is useless. Tried getting this sorted with both Fiat and Tomtom but neither want to know, the dealers dont have a clue either and they will just tell you what they think is correct which is rubbish of course.