Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Hi folks,

We will shortly be taking delivery of a new MoHome on a Fiat base. This particular vehicle comes with the factory fitted Sat Nav.

Can anyone out there give any feedback on this unit, just how good / indifferent / bad is it. At present we use (very happy with) a Snooper Ventura.

Thanks in advance

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The usual problem with built in satnav is how to update them or add a POI file. If these can be done then it should be OK. I believe the software inside them comes from a satnav manufacturer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
We have a 2015 Auto-trail on a Fiat Ducato Base not update able as Fiat did not buy any updates from Tom Tom it gives instructions in book how to update but does not work been in to Fiat Dealer 3 times they cannot do anything with it for the reasons I have given
Also it does not do Traffic.
THE DEALER WILL NOT TELL YOU ANY OF THIS AS THEY ARE ALL DUCKING THE ISSUE Ours was ALL PAYED 4 before I got hold of the manuals/instruction books etc.
When I pulled the MD about it they just did not want to know
Cliff

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
We had a sat nav with our 2007 fiat and ditched it within a month - absolutely hopeless. Maybe things have improved. Have now bought and are very happy with our TomTom

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
How many built in sat navy in vehicles are actually as good as off the shelf add ons? The sat nav in my Jaguar is the most complicated, useless piece of equipment aboard it, and the discs running it from the boot were out of date when I bought the car new! Upgrades? Why bother at over £100 from Jaguar for a badly designed pile of rubbish! Oh dear, that was a rant and high jacking another's thread - sorry!

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
How many built in sat navy in vehicles are actually as good as off the shelf add ons? The sat nav in my Jaguar is the most complicated, useless piece of equipment aboard it, and the discs running it from the boot were out of date when I bought the car new! Upgrades? Why bother at over £100 from Jaguar for a badly designed pile of rubbish! Oh dear, that was a rant and high jacking another's thread - sorry!
Can say the absolute same for an uptodate Isuzu and a VW Polo - rubbish compared to TomTom - don't know why they bother!

?

Deleted User
We had a sat nav with our 2007 fiat and ditched it within a month - absolutely hopeless. Maybe things have improved. Have now bought and are very happy with our TomTom

I was going to change the head unit in my Fiat Stilo for one with the built in nav but other guys on the forum with them as standard have nothing but bother with them. At the time i was running a hooky copy of iGO8 from the SD card on a Binatone sat nav what was running flawless so binned the idea.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
A bit of a result with the Tom Tom maps
Picked up our new fiat based Benimar 1 sept 2016, checked the sat nav & shows Dec 2014 version maps.
Called Fiat help line & asked for the latest map update (as all new fiat come with a 90 day latest map update) they replied that the version I had was the latest.
So downloaded the Tomtom app & data from the Uconnect in the MH
Tomtom app shows no upgrade available unless you pay £49.
Contacted Tomtom helpline & there was an update available which they let us have.
So now running May 2016 maps

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have factory fitted sat nav in my Merc car which can be updated by buying new cd discs.. I don't use it much as I prefer my Garmin. However, the one thing I love about the female voice is that she speaks as if she went to a very very good school. I expect she has a pony and a boyfriend called Giles and lives mostly in London but goes to the country for the weekends.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
The fiat satnav uses tomtom but it is built for the car and not a motorhome, there are no options to input size of vehicle and when i first started using it it was always sending me down narrow lanes.So much so i now dont use it as it is useless. Tried getting this sorted with both Fiat and Tomtom but neither want to know, the dealers dont have a clue either and they will just tell you what they think is correct which is rubbish of course.

OP
OP
parigby

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Very quickly, l too got sick and tired of finding myself being directed down lanes/routes, clearly not designed for MoHomes. Within weeks, back using and relying happily on my Snooper Ventura.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back