Fiat Ducato Factory Fitted Deadlocks - Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Trying to sort specification for a PVC & finding the Fiat professional dealerships a bit vague about this so looking for advice please. Know that there are after market options but need to know how the optional extra factory fitted ones work & pros & cons. Alternatively if anyone knows of a knowledgeable Fiat dealership that would know about this then please post or PM details.

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I just foned the dealer I often used.. He said there is no Fiat option for dead locks I am afraid

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I just foned the dealer I often used.. He said there is no Fiat option for dead locks I am afraid
Bit strange as it's a Fiat factory fitted option on PVC price list :unsure: & has been described as button on dashboard you press to lock all doors (standard in all the cars we have had so strange if that is an extra) or an extra option on the key fob but no-one seems certain but thank you @Jaws for trying to find out (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Electronic locks are not really dead locks Wombles.. They are merely an extension of the standard electronic mechanism.. idealy a dead lock should only be mechanical as there are so many devices that can overcome electronic devices on the market today :-(

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We had them on our previous van along with the factory fit alarm. Pressing the remote lock button twice deadlocks the doors, ie the internal door handles will no longer unlock the doors. It stops anyone smashing a window and reaching in to open the door.

However, as you can still unlock them using the standard key in the door I suspect they are easy to defeat using the screwdriver through the doorlock technique:)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you @Jenben that makes sense :) As we will be fitting these HEOSafe locks (excellent photo courtesy of @kevan (y)) then doesn't sound like they will be worth paying extra for.

img_0044-jpg.134555

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Electronic locks are not really dead locks Wombles.. They are merely an extension of the standard electronic mechanism.. idealy a dead lock should only be mechanical as there are so many devices that can overcome electronic devices on the market today :-(
Take your point about electronic locks - so it's the ProPlates & HEOSafe for the cab doors - just need to find the best options for the rest now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back