External screens..... help please (1 Viewer)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Sorry to go on here.. But I am genuinely puzzled... To stop the air getting in what? The engine? The engine bay?
Again.. My view is they help because they stop water entering from the top of the engine and running down onto the throttle body... And that's obviously only on x250 fiat's..
If you turn the heater control to "recirculation" before you stop the engine , this will close the vents to the outside thus stopping cold air coming in. Feel round the cab area and you will feel draughts, then turn switch to recirculation, and you should feel the difference.
Cheers, Dave(y)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We've just bought a set of the internal screens because I figured the loss of comfort compared to external would be more than made up for in not having to go outside between parking and driving away again on a night stop.. added to which our van has no wet store so would be a nightmare of it rained.. but dissapointed to learn they won't stop condensation :(

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We've just bought a set of the internal screens because I figured the loss of comfort compared to external would be more than made up for in not having to go outside between parking and driving away again on a night stop.. added to which our van has no wet store so would be a nightmare of it rained.. but dissapointed to learn they won't stop condensation :(
no wet store? what about the shower? thats where ours go when soaking wet or in the box trailer with the scooter etc

the difference between internal and external screens is pretty big, but both get wet. internals from the condensation

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
no wet store? what about the shower? thats where ours go when soaking wet or in the box trailer with the scooter etc

the difference between internal and external screens is pretty big, but both get wet. internals from the condensation

I'm imagining a different scale here lol.. We don't have a shower just a toilet... and the only cupboard big enough for these screens is over the cab where we keep our clothes so won't be going away wet...

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
If you turn the heater control to "recirculation" before you stop the engine , this will close the vents to the outside thus stopping cold air coming in. Feel round the cab area and you will feel draughts, then turn switch to recirculation, and you should feel the difference.
Cheers, Dave(y)
.. I knew that.. And that's what we do.. Hence my question..

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Well it seems you knew the answer to your own question, that it stops cold air coming into the cab, yes? no?
Cheers, Dave(y)

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We have just had a great customer service experience from van comfort (http://vancomfort.co.uk). Too long to write up here. We have had, this weekend a made to measure external Polar screen. 1st night (before screen) lots of condensation. Last night, using the perfectly fitting, absolutely none, and I certainly noticed a big difference in warmth whilst sitting at the big a class window end. Van comfort do have a lot of templates available, but if not the made to measure ( no extra cost) is there. So far, so good

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Well it seems you knew the answer to your own question, that it stops cold air coming into the cab, yes? no?
Cheers, Dave(y)
I think you misunderstand me.. I was asking about the slightly longer Taylor made screen covers that cover the front bonnet vent and asked how.. as some seem to think.. it stops cold air getting into the van.. Obviously you and I know that changing the vent switch stops (some of) that.. (yes.. no?).. So I asked what the slightly longer Taylor made was for..
Water ingress to throttle body was one suggestion I came up with..

Its all a wee bit confusing....

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Right I see what you mean now, I think the longer ones are for that purpose as you quite rightly say, so we can agree on that!
Cheers, Dave(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back