Exclusion Clause

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by New Rover, Apr 1, 2009.

1. New Rover

New Rover Read Only Funster

I was thinking of plucking up the courage to join the "Funsters" at at least 1 of their meets, but after reading about the exclusion clause at Oswestry for "European" owners then I'm afraid my bottle has gone again.

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi New Rover

The meet at Oswestry originated on an RV forum and is not a Motorhome Fun meet.
    An invitation to attend this meet was extended to RV owners on this forum.
    There are NO exclusions on MotorhomeFun meets, all are welcome whether you arrive in a Euro van or an ARV , big or small, old or new. You will be made most welcome and you will have Fun.

3. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Open comment to Jim and all funsters...

In my opinion if a meet is mentioned on the MHF website, then it it should be open to all, not just a "select" few because they are in a class of their own...The meet at Oswestry should not have been placed in the section "meets and rallies" at all......Not a rant but merely constructive criticism of the subject...! :thumb:

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I tend to agree, it probably shouldn't be in the Fun Meets and Rallies forum, it would have been better in the American RV forum .. but it is an RVOC rally and personally I wouldn't have posted on Fun at all unless it was an open invite.

The very last thing I want is for folk to think that we (RV owners) think we are select or special .. as far as I'm concerned we are all motorhomers .. end of story.. this sort of think can lead to resentment .. and division .. lets keep it FUN. I'm sure Brian had no intention of causing any ill feelings.

Jim.. ex ice cream van owner :Laughing:

5. New Rover

First of all, I tend to agree with Steve4kay's and Scotjimland's comments re meets mentioned on MH Fun. These should be, and as far as I'm aware, are, open to all who wish to participate.
    I would like to thank Brisey for his post and I will endeavour to attend at least 1 MH Fun meet this year.
    Though I must admit, I still feel a little bit uncomfortable in bringing my Elddis into the company of large RVs', Kon-Tikis, Dethleffs et al.
    But time will tell. Until then I will remain mostly in the background on the forum but will post if I think that I can contribute further to the site.
    Cheers all.

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Don't feel uncomfortable- No one is the least bit interested in what you turn up in, Motorhome Fun meets are about people, not motorhomes. :thumb:

7. paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome Read Only Funster

hi new rover i have a swift bessacar and there were many motorhomes at the newark show in all shapes and sizes not that many rvs so please do come to a rally and you are very welcome on this site, please don't stay in the background, come and join in
    we will all be pleased to meet you
    paulus the woodgnome, long suffering wife and poor daughter

8. Pammy

Pammy Read Only Funster

This sort of feeling occurred on the other forum - people were given the impression that we RVers did not want to associate with people in Euro vans. At one of the rallys the marshalls placed the RV's way out of the way from anyone else which caused some resentment. :Angry:

The Americana meet - this is also placed on the RVOC site and we have deliberately not booked on to that one with them but with the one placed on this forum because we want to be with our many friends on here. :Wink:

I totally agree that Brian should not have posted this event on here but I sincerely think that if he'd realised he was going to affend anyone he wouldn't have done it anyway.:Wink:

Pammy

9. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

New Rover

Dont feel shy and uncomfortable.

We have just a normal A class motorhome, and we turned up with our cracked windscreen and missing step, and I dont think anyone commented, apart from try to help re the windscreen.

It is totally non judgementable (if thats a word) and you can come and go as you please, and get what you want from the rally.

I think you could honestly say that there are all sorts of motorhomes and people catered for. There has even been a caravan or two, and I am sure they would not turn away a person with a tent. Because its the flexibility and warm welcome that motorhome fun is about.

Hope to see you at a rally one day.

Kind regards

Pat

10. New Rover

Having just watched the you tube video of Newark week-end, I can see you all definitely had MUCH fun, so I am now more determined to joinyou for at least 1 meet this year.
    Thank you all for your kind comments.
    John.

11. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

No need to feel uncomfortable at all. We have an Elddis Autoquest 100 and we don't feel uncomfortable.

Yes, it's understandable that RV owners should be jealous of us at first - but they soon relax and forget all about feeling inferior :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Graham

12. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Closer to the truth than you realise.. I often look as the small vans with envious eyes.. :Cool: especially when I see them getting into places I've no chance of going .. :Sad:

wish I had one as a toad.. :Laughing::Laughing:

13. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Hi New Rover!

If someone should feel uncomfortable(and i don't) it's ME! I'm going to the funsters 's meet on the 15th of August at Parc Verger, and i'll will come with ......A TENT:Blush: !!!!!In anycase i'll be the smallest , the ridiculest!:Laughing::Laughing: But the only important thing is that i'm going to have fun with people i do appreciate:Wink::thumb::thumb:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

14. JJ

JJ Funster

Hey New Rover... I too am trying to sum up courage to join the Funsters at a meet (Newbury?)... I am in a beaten up, old much loved, Iveco self build (nowhere near finished). Maybe we should drive on together and then you would look definitely up market! :)

15. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

:Rofl1::Rofl1:

16. johng

johng Read Only Funster

John, when you see my 25 year old excuse for a detroit shed you will laugh!

(I love it really)

:Rofl1:
    John

wish I had one as a toad..

Jim!
    :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  17. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

it really doesnt matter what you drive.......turn up on a bicycle with a tent on your back if you want......no-one gives a monkeys.

you'll find there is no 'them and us' with motorhomefun:thumb: well, maybe a little jelousy on my part.

you really dont need courage to come to a meet, just a sense of humour and a liking for a fun time.

oh, and some beer/wine/cider/meths....whatever takes your fancy.:Rofl1:

18. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Even a Caravan, bloody ell who let them in:Rofl1:

19. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

Why not come to the one at Peterborough ? If Warners ever get around to sending my tickets I'll be there and I don't even own a MH yet :RollEyes:

20. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

talking of caravans......

has anyone heard from 'the poor relations' ?

are they still with us ?