Excellent Service

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gooney, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I ordered a Humax Freesat receiver from Humax Direct and was given a delivery date of 7th (today), I got an Email and a text yesterday telling me it had been dispatched and informing me that I would receive a text this morning giving me the delivery time.
    I received the text at 8am telling me the item would be delivered between 11:31 and 12:31. I looked out of the window and saw we have had about 1" of snow and it was still snowing and thought "yea right".
    At 5 past 12 an Interlink Express van turned up with my purchase. there's cars at the bottom of our Close that can't get out!! Incidentally the receiver is classed as Grade A with 12 months warranty instead of 2years, I,ve opened the box and it is totally unmarked with cables etc. in manufactures original wrapping. I took a chance on this A grade item because after looking on Ebay I found people were bidding silly money almost up to full RRP for used items!! Well pleased... :thumb:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

The sad thing about this story is that it is noteworthy. Service like this should be the norm, sadly it's not, so these days when a company delivers on it's promises it really is something to shout about. :thumb:

3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Gooney
    I don't want to worry you, Re your Humax box I bought a new one on line from Comet delivery ok worked as designed for, for 13 month then broke and as you have said in your post 12 month warranty:Doh:, I contacted Humax who were less than helpful, so I took it to a local repairer who could not fix it, But on the bright side my Daughter bought one the same day which was now around 2 years ago and is still working fine:thumb:, I have since bought a Free view receiver/recorder from Asda for £100 up to now ok doing just the same as the £299 Humax Free sat box, I hope you have better luck than we did. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Hi Pete
    Thanks for your experience but I bought this because of my personal knowledge of Humax having owned a Humax 320 PVR that we have been using successfully for more than 2 years now. It's performance has been superb as is it's design. I had a couple of the earlier hard drive recorders before the Humax and quite honestly I threw one of them away (a Medion) I just couldn't fathom out the recording programming. The Humax is just click and record. However this aquisition is for receiving only and will be used with the HD telly shared between the bedroom and the MH.:thumb:

5. Swisstony

Swisstony Read Only Funster

I had a Humax PVR and it broke after 3 years, I bought a more expensive model (Hdmi and bigger hardrive) from Comet and took it back after one day because it was rubbish, I then bought the cheaper model and have never looked back.

Thats how much I like Humax.:thumb:

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

we're expecting delivery of a new electric range cooker on friday next.....we shall see !!!!

got to take the morning off work to bring it in the house (got to take the back door off to get it in :Eeek:) and if it dont turn up there'll be hell to pay. :Wink:

7. Swisstony

Swisstony Read Only Funster

pappajohn wrote:

Well you have only yourself to blame. If you had ordered it as a Christmas present, Santa would have managed to get it down your chimney.:Doh:

8. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

are you a mind reader :Eeek:.....the damned thing was ordered and paid for in the second week in december...THEN, and only THEN, do you get a delivery date.:Angry:

long delivery but a £250 saving.:thumb: