Excellent Service (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I ordered a Humax Freesat receiver from Humax Direct and was given a delivery date of 7th (today), I got an Email and a text yesterday telling me it had been dispatched and informing me that I would receive a text this morning giving me the delivery time.
I received the text at 8am telling me the item would be delivered between 11:31 and 12:31. I looked out of the window and saw we have had about 1" of snow and it was still snowing and thought "yea right".
At 5 past 12 an Interlink Express van turned up with my purchase. there's cars at the bottom of our Close that can't get out!! Incidentally the receiver is classed as Grade A with 12 months warranty instead of 2years, I,ve opened the box and it is totally unmarked with cables etc. in manufactures original wrapping. I took a chance on this A grade item because after looking on Ebay I found people were bidding silly money almost up to full RRP for used items!! Well pleased... :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The sad thing about this story is that it is noteworthy. Service like this should be the norm, sadly it's not, so these days when a company delivers on it's promises it really is something to shout about. :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Gooney
I don't want to worry you, Re your Humax box I bought a new one on line from Comet delivery ok worked as designed for, for 13 month then broke and as you have said in your post 12 month warranty:Doh:, I contacted Humax who were less than helpful, so I took it to a local repairer who could not fix it, But on the bright side my Daughter bought one the same day which was now around 2 years ago and is still working fine:thumb:, I have since bought a Free view receiver/recorder from Asda for £100 up to now ok doing just the same as the £299 Humax Free sat box, I hope you have better luck than we did. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gooney
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi Gooney
I don't want to worry you, Re your Humax box I bought a new one on line from Comet delivery ok worked as designed for, for 13 month then broke and as you have said in your post 12 month warranty:Doh:, I contacted Humax who were less than helpful, so I took it to a local repairer who could not fix it, But on the bright side my Daughter bought one the same day which was now around 2 years ago and is still working fine:thumb:, I have since bought a Free view receiver/recorder from Asda for £100 up to now ok doing just the same as the £299 Humax Free sat box, I hope you have better luck than we did. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi Pete
Thanks for your experience but I bought this because of my personal knowledge of Humax having owned a Humax 320 PVR that we have been using successfully for more than 2 years now. It's performance has been superb as is it's design. I had a couple of the earlier hard drive recorders before the Humax and quite honestly I threw one of them away (a Medion) I just couldn't fathom out the recording programming. The Humax is just click and record. However this aquisition is for receiving only and will be used with the HD telly shared between the bedroom and the MH.:thumb:

Swisstony

Free Member
Aug 29, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since August 2010
I had a Humax PVR and it broke after 3 years, I bought a more expensive model (Hdmi and bigger hardrive) from Comet and took it back after one day because it was rubbish, I then bought the cheaper model and have never looked back.

Thats how much I like Humax.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The sad thing about this story is that it is noteworthy. Service like this should be the norm, sadly it's not, so these days when a company delivers on it's promises it really is something to shout about. :thumb:

we're expecting delivery of a new electric range cooker on friday next.....we shall see !!!!

got to take the morning off work to bring it in the house (got to take the back door off to get it in :Eeek:) and if it dont turn up there'll be hell to pay. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swisstony

Free Member
Aug 29, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since August 2010
pappajohn wrote:

we're expecting delivery of a new electric range cooker on friday next.....we shall see !!!!

got to take the morning off work to bring it in the house (got to take the back door off to get it in :Eeek:) and if it dont turn up there'll be hell to pay. :winky:

Well you have only yourself to blame. If you had ordered it as a Christmas present, Santa would have managed to get it down your chimney.:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
pappajohn wrote:

Well you have only yourself to blame. If you had ordered it as a Christmas present, Santa would have managed to get it down your chimney.:Doh:
are you a mind reader :Eeek:.....the damned thing was ordered and paid for in the second week in december...THEN, and only THEN, do you get a delivery date.:Angry:

long delivery but a £250 saving.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back