Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
They make you turn off the LPG

They make you turn of the LPG which runs the fridge, cooking and heating... they even check it is off and sometimes look at the gauges to confirm there is less than 3/4 full tank.

They will not transport vehicles that run-on LPG as there main fuel or as a switch over.. that is the way it has been for ever it seems.

Bob:Sad:

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
My RV has an LPG conversion i hear i can not use the tunnel because of this!

Is there any way around this?
motorhomes have lpg bottles or tanks on then so is there a difference between lpg for cooking and for running the engine ?

i can run on petrol at a press of a button
do i need to tell them my rv is LPG & Petrol?
Sure we've just done this somewhere on here...anyway....no. There's a 47kg limit, cooking / heating only, must be <80% full (which it should be anyway) and they'll check it's off.

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/site-information/lpg/

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
They tend to use the number plate recognition software at Eurotunnel (as they did at P & O recently) so that when you drive up to the turnstiles all your details are already on the screen.

Book now as prices do rise as the year goes on.

Martin and Lynn sit back and enjoy the ride on the train. We normally have a quick snack and we are at the otherside before we know it.

Sonja

We usually travel with one of two non motorhome vehicles with the decision at the last moment as to which. For that reason we never insert a number plate number (not mandatory) in the booking details and therefore have to check in with either booking details or the card you paid with.

What I'm trying to say is there are 3 methods of checking in with NPR being the fastest, using a card adds maybe 30 seconds to that and another minute or two by typing in your booking reference.

Reaching the touch screen from a camper or van is still generally easier for the passenger whatever system is used, but all or any system you chose to use is simplicity itself.

Yosser, please tell us you have booked something, we're gagging to know!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
We usually travel with one of two non motorhome vehicles with the decision at the last moment as to which. For that reason we never insert a number plate number (not mandatory) in the booking details and therefore have to check in with either booking details or the card you paid with.

What I'm trying to say is there are 3 methods of checking in with NPR being the fastest, using a card adds maybe 30 seconds to that and another minute or two by typing in your booking reference.

Reaching the touch screen from a camper or van is still generally easier for the passenger whatever system is used, but all or any system you chose to use is simplicity itself.

Yosser, please tell us you have booked something, we're gagging to know!

Yes we have booked for the 3 September to the 30 September::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
So Yosser, how do I get my Missus electronically tagged, and does that mean she would have to have an injection. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back