emptying a cassette down a toilet (3 Viewers)

TOT

Feb 7, 2022
UK and Ireland
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Might not be disposing at all...... Could be filling them at the tap............ or even dodgy dealings between cubicles.....

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
They dumped 2 cassettes a day down (2 different vans - both friends), so could in theory of not been using any chemicals. The toilet being where it was situated would of had its own waste tank which would need emptying at some point. i did say, if everyone did that, the tank would be full in no time.

The site policy does state no emptying of cassettes in the normal toilets whatsoever.

It was disappointing to watch as both vans were obviously seasoned motorhomers looking at some of the kit they were using around the van.

other motorhomers / campers nearby, looked on in disbelief as they brazenly did it. I wouldnt of fancied using the toilet after that had been chucked down it.
Fair enough if they have SOG system like us, but I still use chemical dump where possible.
Phil

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
If you can't be arsed to move van, use a little folding trolley, pop on cassette secured with a bungee or two, go for a short walk to disposal point. We use the bio friendly toilet jollop stuff, but would not use a regular toilet for disposal unless as a last resort.
but but but the Cassette is not that heavy and good for a little resistance training ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 31, 2020
Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo ti 680
Exp
Just got back from motorhome show in peterborough Elena tip there was an open inspection chamber between 2 toilet blocks with at least a 15 foot drop no security fencing very very dangerous

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Hi all,
We had a coupe of days in the New Forest. I was told to use the CDP for grey water as well as black. The warden said it was part of the Ts and Cs that ever fresh water should not be let go onto the ground - something to do with the additives to drinking water not being right for the plants. We did as we were asked, but I did see walkers 'popping behind bushes' when we were out in the woods so I wonder what damage that does, let alone the offerings from the horses and cattle that wander about.
D

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Jim Gosh.... I could not stop laughing ... eyes full of tears!! Cesar, of of my toddlers, asked me : why you're crying Nanny? ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Old thread that I never got the chance to read before.... Never thought that toilet thread would make me laugh that much.... especially just before nappy changing time.... After lunch nappies!!!!!:envy::envy:

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Can someone explain if it's normal practice for people to empty their waste down a normal toilet on site, when theres an actual waste point that could be used?

my impression was they couldnt be ar**d to walk or move their vans to the disposal area, so every morning dumped it in the normal toilet block.
Waste toilet should not go down a toilet as the chemicals can screw up the sewage system. Use the dedicated waste facility as it is not usually connected to a main sewage system but a cess pit

Apr 28, 2017
UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Envy 185
Exp
since 2002
Sorry to be a pain, but on a previous thread n here a couple of weeks ago I read about somebody with a second c260 cassette and a nice black plastic container that was a perfect fit, from somewhere. I can't find the thread but it is toilet related. Any clues or a link please

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Waste toilet should not go down a toilet as the chemicals can screw up the sewage system. Use the dedicated waste facility as it is not usually connected to a main sewage system but a cess pit
NOT IN FRANCE.
They are renovating all the system at my place and they told me, everything goes to the general town filtering. Don't know what you call it in the UK, here it is " station d'Ć©puration et d'assainissement". So don't be shocked if you see people in France emptying their cassette ( K7 for short in French) in the loo, if no dump point.

Sep 26, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot autoquest185
Exp
Hi
I think when your on holiday you shouldnā€™t worry about what other people are doing. And not a very good idea to follow people in to the toilet. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t like staying on a campsites . I got in trouble for putting rubbish in a bin once. Your not allowed to put all that rubbish in the bin?????
Just worry about what you should be doing.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I thought it was the other way round, but we only use Bio so no doubt I may not have paid attention to deposit of chemicals.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
They dumped 2 cassettes a day down (2 different vans - both friends), so could in theory of not been using any chemicals. The toilet being where it was situated would of had its own waste tank which would need emptying at some point. i did say, if everyone did that, the tank would be full in no time.

The site policy does state no emptying of cassettes in the normal toilets whatsoever.

It was disappointing to watch as both vans were obviously seasoned motorhomers looking at some of the kit they were using around the van.

other motorhomers / campers nearby, looked on in disbelief as they brazenly did it. I wouldnt of fancied using the toilet after that had been chucked down it.
Why didnā€™t nobody mention it to the site warden or owner if they were so concerned...just sayin....

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I thought it was the other way round, but we only use Bio so no doubt I may not have paid attention to deposit of chemicals.

It is. šŸ‘

He was talking sh*te. šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Ž

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back