Ebay help needed

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by olley, Jan 11, 2010.

1. olley

olley Funster

Hi I have an "unpaid item case" against me, its only for £1 and I would like to pay it, but on my Ebay account its been paid via paypal, I know this is incorrect as I have checked my paypal account. The problem is, as my Ebay account says its been paid, it won't let me pay it again, and none of the resolution reasons are applicable, any ideas?

Olley

2. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Hi Ian,

Try calling them:

Mon - Fri 8.00AM - 9.00PM
    Sat & Sun 9.00AM - 6.00PM

Cut from site:

To help us answer your questions, you'll be asked to identify yourself when you call.1. Call us at: 0800 358 3229
    2. When prompted, provide the following information.
    • Primary phone number on your account
    • Your user ID

HTH

Bryan

3. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

Olley

Answer to the nearest one and they should get back to you, well the did for me.
    If that fails use Bryan's idea.

HTH

Steve

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Go to your paypal account and copy the details of the payment and just send a message back via ebay resolutions or direct to the seller and paste the details in.

Peter

5. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

if you definitely know that you havent paid it. ask the seller for their paypal email address

then make a payment manually through paypal, if you want help with doing this pm me.

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

1st are you sure the unpaid Item is one you actually bought, sure it is not a scam to get you to log in and disclose your login details.
    If you bought it but are unable to pay. counterclaim for non
    delivery. Ebay will then sort it out
    Sounds like part of a scam to me.

7. hailman

hailman Read Only Funster

Waste of time using the phone, I think it is a machine at the other end.

I had a similar problem with Paypal recently and had to email them using the complaint facility. They insisted I had not updated something on my profile and would not pay for an item I had bought from the US. It took several nasty emails before they admitted they were wrong and corrected the problem.

8. chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan Funster

:Rofl1: EBAY customer service number 020808082105 I was given this number by EBAY to resolve any problems:Rofl1:
    Brian and Marion

9. AuldCodger

AuldCodger Read Only Funster

As has been said, are you sure this is not a scam?
    I have had a couple of so called demands over the years, ignore and nothing ever happens.
    I have to admit the scam mails are getting better in quality, just waiting on my 2.6 million dollars from the nice lady from the UN :thumb:

10. JaG

JaG Funster

Issue

If you have had an email about it do not reply via the email. Log On and go to your Messages box. If it is not there it is a scam.
    Ebay are usually quite good at Resolutions. I had my Ebay account hijacked and they found it in under 2 hours, before I even knew about it. It was resolved in 24 hours and I was back online.
    Graham & Jean

11. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

Same happened to me once, entire account shut down by eBay. They had spotted it had been hacked and closed it down but I never knew until I tried to log in. When I contacted them they told me the reason it had been shut down and they were dealing with it. They sorted it out and contacted me via another email address to let me know my account was back up and running. That was about five years ago now and no problems since.

Direct contact by phone has results too.

I had filed a complaint against a guy who was blatantly running a scam. I had plenty of evidence provided to me by other eBayers he'd ripped off and I gave this over to eBay. Fortunately for me I'd spotted his feedback history which was nothing short of atrocious. This guy was actually committing an offence and it was serious enough to warrant Fraud Office investigation, so I phoned eBay direct.

His account was suspended immediately.

12. robnchris

robnchris Funster

e-bay

Certainly beware of the old scams, we have tried to contact e-bay before easier to take out a dispute and get instant attention.
    Regards Rob and Chris.