Ebay help needed (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I have an "unpaid item case" against me, its only for £1 and I would like to pay it, but on my Ebay account its been paid via paypal, I know this is incorrect as I have checked my paypal account. The problem is, as my Ebay account says its been paid, it won't let me pay it again, and none of the resolution reasons are applicable, any ideas?

Olley

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi Ian,

Try calling them:

Mon - Fri 8.00AM - 9.00PM
Sat & Sun 9.00AM - 6.00PM

Cut from site:

To help us answer your questions, you'll be asked to identify yourself when you call.1. Call us at: 0800 358 3229
2. When prompted, provide the following information.
  • Primary phone number on your account
  • Your user ID

HTH

Bryan

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi I have an "unpaid item case" against me, its only for £1 and I would like to pay it, but on my Ebay account its been paid via paypal, I know this is incorrect as I have checked my paypal account. The problem is, as my Ebay account says its been paid, it won't let me pay it again, and none of the resolution reasons are applicable, any ideas?

Olley

Olley

Answer to the nearest one and they should get back to you, well the did for me.
If that fails use Bryan's idea.

HTH

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Go to your paypal account and copy the details of the payment and just send a message back via ebay resolutions or direct to the seller and paste the details in.

Peter

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
if you definitely know that you havent paid it. ask the seller for their paypal email address

then make a payment manually through paypal, if you want help with doing this pm me.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
1st are you sure the unpaid Item is one you actually bought, sure it is not a scam to get you to log in and disclose your login details.
If you bought it but are unable to pay. counterclaim for non
delivery. Ebay will then sort it out
Sounds like part of a scam to me.

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Waste of time using the phone, I think it is a machine at the other end.

I had a similar problem with Paypal recently and had to email them using the complaint facility. They insisted I had not updated something on my profile and would not pay for an item I had bought from the US. It took several nasty emails before they admitted they were wrong and corrected the problem.

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
As has been said, are you sure this is not a scam?
I have had a couple of so called demands over the years, ignore and nothing ever happens.
I have to admit the scam mails are getting better in quality, just waiting on my 2.6 million dollars from the nice lady from the UN :thumb:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Issue

If you have had an email about it do not reply via the email. Log On and go to your Messages box. If it is not there it is a scam.
Ebay are usually quite good at Resolutions. I had my Ebay account hijacked and they found it in under 2 hours, before I even knew about it. It was resolved in 24 hours and I was back online.
Graham & Jean

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Ebay are usually quite good at Resolutions. I had my Ebay account hijacked and they found it in under 2 hours, before I even knew about it. It was resolved in 24 hours and I was back online.
Same happened to me once, entire account shut down by eBay. They had spotted it had been hacked and closed it down but I never knew until I tried to log in. When I contacted them they told me the reason it had been shut down and they were dealing with it. They sorted it out and contacted me via another email address to let me know my account was back up and running. That was about five years ago now and no problems since.

Direct contact by phone has results too.

I had filed a complaint against a guy who was blatantly running a scam. I had plenty of evidence provided to me by other eBayers he'd ripped off and I gave this over to eBay. Fortunately for me I'd spotted his feedback history which was nothing short of atrocious. This guy was actually committing an offence and it was serious enough to warrant Fraud Office investigation, so I phoned eBay direct.

His account was suspended immediately.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
e-bay

Certainly beware of the old scams, we have tried to contact e-bay before easier to take out a dispute and get instant attention.
Regards Rob and Chris.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back