Driver's seat swivel plate - Fiat part or Autotrail part? (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Does anyone know definitively whether the swivel plate that sits between the cab seat base in a Fiat Ducato van and the upholstered seat itself would have been supplied and fitted by Fiat as part of the base vehicle or by the motorhome convertor (Autotrail in this case). I've got an issue with mine and there appears to be some ambiguity as to who is responsible.

(It's a PVC If that makes any difference).
Thanks.

Solution
Looks like I've answered my own question!

It appears that a similar question was asked on here a few years ago.

I've also just found original OEM Fiat swivel bases for sale, so it appears that they are likely supplied by Fiat with the base vehicle rather than fitted by Autotrail.
Screenshot_20240325-213333.png
OP
OP
B
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Autotrail.
Why would fiat fit a swivel seat in ,what is, a commercial vehicle
Yes - That's my view - although Autotrail are saying that they come from Fiat like that.

Thinking about it, I suppose if a convertor is ordering several hundred vans at a time from Fiat maybe they are specced like this? Otherwise for every van the convertor is going to have to remove both front cab seats, fit the swivel plates, and refit both seats, which I guess is a bit of a hassle compared to having them already fitted by Fiat. Convertors can specify things like beefed up alternators, convertors electrical socket, presumably CP rated tyres, so maybe they can specify swivel seats? Anyone know for definite?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Normally the seat swivel is supplied by the seat manufacturer, i.e. an Aguti seat will have an Aguti swivel.
If its a Fiat seat it will probably be a 3rd party supplier and could be fitted by either Fiat or the converter.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Looks like I've answered my own question!

It appears that a similar question was asked on here a few years ago.

I've also just found original OEM Fiat swivel bases for sale, so it appears that they are likely supplied by Fiat with the base vehicle rather than fitted by Autotrail.
Screenshot_20240325-213333.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Solution

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back