Drive off with Grey Waste Drain Tap Open WHY? (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I promise I will never give advice on this forum ever again regarding the dumping of waste products where other campers have to camp. Dump your crap wherever you want. But God help you if its on my doorstep :Cool:. Bye the way, am a peaceful man but not a pacifist :Smile:.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Anyway, what's wrong with getting your money's worth from the campsite by filling with water before you leave?
We have diesel heating, we use hardly any electricity on site, in fact I don't even know where our hookup lead is!. We want our money's worth otherwise we are compensating for all the caravanners draining the national grid with their awning heaters!:Angry:
I agree it's annoying to see a snail trail from a motorhome, but its less annoying than being woken in the morning by the rumbling of empty aquarolls and wastehogs being dragged to the service point by a legion of caravanners in their dressing gowns having been to the shower block!:cry:
We never use the shower block, we have a motorhome because we don't like wandering around campsites in the dark bursting for a pee! At least we can't be accused of messing the toilets and showers up too!:winky:
We always tread lightly, we have a huge environmentally-unfriendly vehicle and try to make amends.
If we drop a bit of water unintentionally, we are sorry to whom it offends, but we are friendlier to our surroundings than many campers.:Angry:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Anyway, what's wrong with getting your money's worth from the campsite by filling with water before you leave?
We have diesel heating, we use hardly any electricity on site, in fact I don't even know where our hookup lead is!. We want our money's worth otherwise we are compensating for all the caravanners draining the national grid with their awning heaters!:Angry:
I agree it's annoying to see a snail trail from a motorhome, but its less annoying than being woken in the morning by the rumbling of empty aquarolls and wastehogs being dragged to the service point by a legion of caravanners in their dressing gowns having been to the shower block!:cry:
We never use the shower block, we have a motorhome because we don't like wandering around campsites in the dark bursting for a pee! At least we can't be accused of messing the toilets and showers up too!:winky:
We always tread lightly, we have a huge environmentally-unfriendly vehicle and try to make amends.
If we drop a bit of water unintentionally, we are sorry to whom it offends, but we are friendlier to our surroundings than many campers.:Angry:

Why do people find it necessary to get up extra early in the dark to do these chores? i find it strange. Is it because they have done a do do andd dont want anyone to know?:clap::clap::clap:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
Grey waste water.

In reply to Duaneooo1 , yes it is only water,but surely you must take responsabilty to where it goes, what do you do when your on a car park and , to quote "your valve is always left open" and your water is running all over the ground A few years ago we often stayed at
a private car park.at the boat yard at Looe in Cornwall, It was a lovely spot right beside the
river, campers were allowed to stay alnight , and you could stay for 24 hours for I think just a fiver. One particular day the MH next to me was allowing a lot of water to run from under his van,It was running all over the car park, across a footpath and down into the river, thinking he had left his valve open by mistake I knocked on his door to tell him, only to be taken back by being told that it was left open on purpose and that it was only shower water, he was not in the least bothered as to where the water was going. When we returned a few months later we were disapointally told that MH,s were banned, local residents had witnessed on several occasions this inconsiderate habit and had reported it to the councill, Result , the loss of a convenient and reasonabley priced stop over, the owner also told me that motorhomers were costing him a lot money by using his tap to fill up there water tanks. I have also seen this grey water shower dumping at the Point car park at Teignmouth, Devon, with water running down the sea wall,fortunately these are isolated incidents, but serious enough to get the more considerate motorhomers of us banned from using the car parks. I,m sure Duaneooo1 you dont alow this to happen, but I am just highlighting the possible conseguences when motorhomers do. Yokeljohn.

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
grey water

I am still a 1000 cc biker and i hope and pray that your not driving in front of me selfishly draining your grey water,come on and be fair,if its rainy and wet conditions you ride accordially what you dont expect is to come across a stream of water in the road that could be advoided by something as simple as keeping your water tank valve shut

From my own experience, my main concerns as my top hazzards are raised road markings, iron manholes and inspection covers, all made a hundred times more dangerous when

WET WITH SOAPY WATER SELFISHLY DUMPED.

YOKELJOHN.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !!
I used to ride ickle 1k bikes but the smallest and slowest I ride now is the Blackbird ( which I have to keep as I manufacture all the parts for them !! :winky: ) On a bad week all I get to do is maybe 3-400 miles.. on a good ( busy ! ) week double that

A bit of grey water ?? What about slurry, diesel, fag butts chucked out of windows when you are behind, manholes without tar cover, white lines...

if your worried about a bit of grey I can understand why you are still riding tiddlers !!! LOL !!! :ROFLMAO: :winky:

korkyjohn

Free Member
Nov 15, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout PVC
Exp
Since 2007
To all those people who say it's just a bit of soapy water, what's the problem?

Well if you use the shower in the van the waste water is likely to contain faecal matter and associated bacteria and pathogens.

Very nice for tenters or anyone sitting on the grass after you've left. Or anyone on two wheels driving over it on tarmac.

Korky.

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
I can't see a problem.When you fill with water you release your grey water.I have been motorhoming for a long time and a very few times when we fill up at say a service station.This means we have waste water we can't leave when we take the fresh on we then wait or look for waste ground but this has only happened a few times.We would never think of draining on the public road.Presto

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
I promise I will never give advice on this forum ever again regarding the dumping of waste products where other campers have to camp. Dump your crap wherever you want. But God help you if its on my doorstep :Cool:. Bye the way, am a peaceful man but not a pacifist :Smile:.

hehehehehe you have posted enough and been here long enough to know you was on a hiding for nothing dont you just love fun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Blimey. I must have too much time on my hands, having read this from start to finish [from fill-up to dribbling?]. And now that I'm here I just can't leave without adding my two pennorth.

As a relative newcomer, I've worked out a routine for the van - which means filling up at home [and damn the expense!] and each time I leave a site. I thought about the waste water, and decided that, on balance, I'd prefer not to dump it on my drive. And this despite the fact that it's the purest wastewater known to man, perfumed with choicest fragrances and probably good enough to bottle as spring water. I just don't like the idea of dumping it on my drive. Which I always bear in mind when deciding how to get rid of it. Works for me...

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
To all those people who say it's just a bit of soapy water, what's the problem?

Well if you use the shower in the van [HI]the waste water is likely to contain faecal matter[/HI] and associated bacteria and pathogens.

Very nice for tenters or anyone sitting on the grass after you've left. Or anyone on two wheels driving over it on tarmac.

Korky.

I only wash in the shower, not sh1t in it :ROFLMAO:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
After reading the 100+ posts in this thread I've learnt one thing.

Never go on a Motorhomefun rally.

Pitching on a swamp of grey water just does not appeal.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Its not about not wanting to go on a rally, its about who not to park up next to!!:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I think you need to replace motorhomers for people.

As for evidence?

I've not read anything anywhere that makes me think that I ought to run back to Chester and clean up my waste water that drained on to the rally field.

I also only saw about 2 motorhomes with any collection/collecting of water. Am I expected to believe that all 70 ralliers responsibly returned to a non existent drain point and emptied? I doubt it. :Smile:
I know that many actually left open to drain in to the field, ( I saw them) so do we have 60+ irresponsible motorhome funsters?

I personally do not think so. And I will not be calling them lazy or irresponsible .

Some even ran generators, despite evidence on a motorhome forum that it p*sses off others. The VW lot even played music too loud for a few hours, kids ran about kicking balls on the field meant for playing polo.

As said some even smoked, and put cigarettes out on the floor, some even walked dogs and someone even left their dog poo on the ground and didn't clean up for ages. Some people even drank too much and I saw someone at cakes miss the bin and leave the cake wrapper on the floor.

If I spent my life letting any of the above piss me off then I would have no time in my life for any of the things that are worth being upset about.

According to a post by Haganap 60 funsters/dumpsters at a rally doesn't seem to leave many options to who you pitch next to.

You need to go back and re read te post...

Exactly where do I say 60 people dumped on too ground?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
You clearly implied it.

No. Stated a fact.

I saw many without any reciprocate to collect water,

I saw many draining away on to a field.

How and what people choose to do in getting rid of their waste water is no business of mine and indeed yours. :Smile:

Thererfore I did not go knocking on doors to find out.

As you say though, if something so trivial causes you such an issue that you would not go on a rally, how would you cope with the cigarette butts?
Some people even disposed of there loo waste down the portaloo,,,

If such trivial things bother people I wonder how they survive in the real world, I really do :Smile:

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
Grey waste water.

Slurry, dog ends, white lines,yep, they can be, and i am sure lethal hazzards, so why advoidably add another one , a Blackird, its a nice bike, but a bit heavy, a 1000cc being a bit "icky" tell that to the moto g.p. boys. Yokeljohn

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Come on guys:

sHa_grouphug3.gif

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
No. Stated a fact.

I saw many without any reciprocate to collect water,

I saw many draining away on to a field.

How and what people choose to do in getting rid of their waste water is no business of mine and indeed yours. :Smile:

Thererfore I did not go knocking on doors to find out.

As you say though, if something so trivial causes you such an issue that you would not go on a rally, how would you cope with the cigarette butts?
Some people even disposed of there loo waste down the portaloo,,,

If such trivial things bother people I wonder how they survive in the real world, I really do :Smile:

The more you describe this rally the more of a nightmare it sounds.

Not my idea of responsible or even hygienic motorhoming.

The one thing that was hammered into me when a Bootneck was field hygiene. What you appear to be describing is a filthy refugee camp.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
The more you describe this rally the more of a nightmare it sounds.

Not my idea of responsible or even hygienic motorhoming.

The one thing that was hammered into me when a Bootneck was field hygiene. What you appear to be describing is a filthy refugee camp.

I apologise that I do not meet your(s) and others criteria for owning a motorhome. I will sell up immediately and only endeavour to return when I have allowed myself sufficient time in the church being re-educated to your obvious superior standards.

A shame you never got to know me and couldn't see further than my few drips from my waste tank, as actually Im told Im a nice guy :RollEyes:

Still never mind, after 9 years of motorhoming I will return to caravaning with immediate effect. :thumb:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I apologise that I do not meet your(s) and others criteria for owning a motorhome. I will sell up immediately and only endeavour to return when I have allowed myself sufficient time in the church being re-educated to your obvious superior standards.

A shame you never got to know me and couldn't see further than my few drips from my waste tank, as actually Im told Im a nice guy :RollEyes:

Still never mind, after 9 years of motorhoming I will return to caravaning with immediate effect. :thumb:

Aww Haggers....I really appreciate that. :lips:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Come on guys:

sHa_grouphug3.gif

Yeah come on Hagnap admit your wrong so we can all have a group hug as ive got to go back to work tomorrow and wont be around for a conclusion.:thumb:

Couldnt find that smiley either Maz.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
ATTENTION ALL COMBATANTS.....PLEASE GO BACK TO THE START AND READ THE ORIGINAL POST. NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT DUMPING GREY WATER ON WASTE GROUND OR ANYWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN ON A CAMPSITE THAT ALREADY HAS DUMP FACILITIES. Typical of this forum, someone starts a thread asking a perfectly normal question why people insist on dumping grey water on pitches when there is a perfectly good grey water dump and it turns into anti smoking and caravanning.:Doh:

Another example, I asked why a government official can get paid for a second home when old people are being forced out of there homes and it turns into getting rid of the queen :Doh:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Rally fields can be a problem. Very often there is no facility for grey water disposal. I use a bucket, but it still needs somewhere to empty it, and I normally try to find somewhere away from the camping area if there is such a place. Rally fields are often wet enough already without adding to it :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back