El-Nido

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Great customer service. There's not many companies that would recognise a design fault and correct it without prompting. Thanks Richard.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I think this thread will go on longer than THE MOUSE TRAP,,BUSBY:D:D

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New ones arrived today, unasked for but gratefully received. They do seem a more solid build around the button and spring.(y)

OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
More went out today, pm your details and I'll check

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
All replacement handles have now been sent out, I may have overlooked some so please give it a week or so and if you have not got them email your name address to foksy@freenetname.co.uk do not pm me (less confusion) or put your address details on here (security)

Spade

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
Hi Richard
I have emailed you with my details
Regards
David

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Recieved the new skillet today Richard and really pleased with the quality.

John.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to add a bit of support to the 'double skillet', we have had the larger 10" ones before but found them a bit cumbersome on our hobs in the camper, especially now we only have a 2 burner hob, but the smaller 8" is a more than sufficient size for most meals - we have the older 8" DS from the original lady seller (bought 2nd hand from Ebay) and hubby uses it most days - one benefit we've found s that if only one half of the skillet is needed for cooking the other can be used stacked on top to keep food warm whilst other stuff is cooked below and in another pan on the other ring, eg bacon, egg and chips - chips in a separate deep pan, bacon cooked first and kept warm whilst the eggs are fried below. We also use it as originally intended as an 'oven' for cooking bread rolls etc.

In addition to this we've also bought a larger 'double skillet', well a frittata pan, which cost €15.90, it's not so heavy duty as the original 10" DS but isn't one of the flimsy ones either and is shallower, making it easier to store but ideal for cooking pizzas, omelettes, frittatas (surprise there!) etc when only a small second pan is needed on the hob at the same time, this is the one we got from an IperCoop in Italy:

http://shop.giallozafferano.it/articoli//girafrittata-ALLUFLON/prod-6FGB3

We been experimenting with cooking pizzas in the frittata skillet and I suggested we tried to cook the top first by placing the pizza upside down in the frittata pan and once it was cooked turned the pan over to cook the base (don't turn it over too soon otherwise it gets very messy!) ... it works brilliantly and no need for a blow torch to brown the top!

Obviously this can be done with the 8" DS but getting pizzas that small isn't easy!

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Just a quick thank you to @richard foks . Dropped him an email about the handles, I'd missed the original posting about the button problem. Just got back from Greece and there were two replacements sitting in my mail box. Cheers Richard! Much appreciated!

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
The material the handles are made of must be of an inferior composition as my old skillets (2) are both around 15 years old and the handles have always been left attached to skillets during cooking,which has been up to two hours on occasions,so this doesn’t sound too good for a new product.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The material the handles are made of must be of an inferior composition as my old skillets (2) are both around 15 years old and the handles have always been left attached to skillets during cooking,which has been up to two hours on occasions,so this doesn’t sound too good for a new product.
Its the little buttons you press to attach/detach the handles that is the problem, not the rest of the handle, Richard has addressed the issue and sent out new handles with better buttons and to date I've not heard of anyone saying these replacements are defective.

OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990

It was the first batch that we weren't happy with , as Minxy Girl said we sent out replacements to everyone that had bought one and the new ones are included in all the Double Skillets from then on, but thanks for your concern.

OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
Had a great weekend at Malvern caravan show , thank you all for your kind comments and orders.

Attachments

• malvern.jpg
    malvern.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
malvern.jpg malvern.jpg
malvern.jpg

Had a great weekend at Malvern caravan show , thank you all for your kind comments and orders.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back