Do you get cross with a post sometimes (1 Viewer)

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The link to the thread is in my post, still don't see/understand what you got so mad about. ::bigsmile:

So you don't think that these two were smart mouthed. You've been around Internet Forums a lot longer than I have which is why you don't understand.

As I said in my previous post, if these comments were to be made today they wouldn't bother me in the slightest, in fact I probably wouldn't even read them.

Its really weird reading through stuff that was written so long ago.

Jim
:Smile:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Really dont want to get to deep into this...But I will say (having read the posts) I would have been upset as well, if you have only been a member of the forum for about 6 months really dont see the "Fun".

Some of the comments, well not very friendly shall we say.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Original question: [HI]Do you get cross with a post sometimes[/HI]

No. There's enough cr*p in my world as it is. If I don't like someone's post, I don't have to read it.
When I meet people I take them as I find them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Learned a long time ago ( been involved in forums and news groups a lllooooooong time ) that sooner or later you will 'loose it'..
BUT!
I am a great believer in never parting company without at least trying to 'make up'

Why ? Cos anger is a momentary thing.. and what is said in anger is usually regretted 10 minutes later..
Also, pound to a pinch of poo, sooner or later you will meet the person at the other end in person.. and I personally do not like my bits re-arranged by a 7 foot tall ex dock worker with fists or iron and bugger all sense of humour !!

SSoooooooooooo..

Yes, I do get angry.. and yes, I usually say what I mean as a festering anger is oft worse than just having a good old bull and cow and then shaking hands..

As many folk on here have met me, I suspect I am in person very much like my cyber self..
Gobby, self opinionated, fat bald headed ex Londoner who is in reality shy and retiring ..
lhj8jfjfvdijo;ofdinvnrfnv

Bugger !!! My nose just grew a foot and kept hitting the key board !!

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
An interesting and thought provoking thread.

I've been on quite a few forums in my time, and also have seen absolutely outrageous and unacceptable behaviour on-line when playing WoW - World of Warcraft (of which more shortly)

A question that's been asked is "which is the real persona?" I'd like to think that the person you meet and have a real interaction with is more representative of the real person than the one who you perceive only via impersonal posts - but I have my doubts. I suspect that everyone has a little bit of Jekyll & Hyde about them, an unpleasant side that often only emerges when protected by the anonymity given by the internet. Certainly I've seen less personal abuse on this forum than on others - my optimistic side says this is down to the inherent good nature of all those sensible enough to be motorhomers - pessimistically though perhaps it's because we are far more likely to meet other forumites in person at some stage, given the nature of our common interest?

With reference to WoW, a high proportion of players are adolescents, who are not always noted for their social graces, but even so, the depths of rude, arrogant, selfish and obnoxious behaviour exhibited far too often is difficult to exaggerate. It's unpleasant, but it does serve to demonstrate that there is often a nasty side to human nature present in far more people than you would think. Which is a sad conclusion, one I find difficult to accept given my fundamental belief that it's nice to be nice!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back