Nov 11, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie November 2014
Hi Funsters

Right spent a couple of nights now in our MH, which we have really enjoyed.

What does everyone take and cook and do you use the cooker, do you eat out or got something else you cook with?

I have seen and was told by the previous owners that they never used the oven.
We have so far just done the basics, beans on toast, poached eggs and what is a no no to cook in our MH.

As long as the fridge has got wine and beer in I'm not normally worried but then you do get the munchies!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG1022.jpg
    IMAG1022.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 37
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Hi folks,
only joined yesterday so still on a learning curve & trying to get lots of tips etc.
Never thought about a slow cooker whilst on the move (great idea) our van is being converted now & we've asked
for a 1000w converter to be fitted what wattage do you guys use should I go higher or lower.
Thanks John.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Our slow cooker only pulls 90w max. I think the invertor is 120w but not sure. It was a cheapie from Lidl.

The size of invertor you will need will depend on what you are running from it - and that is a personal choice. I would say that in the case of invertors bigger isn't always better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Our slow cooker only pulls 90w max. I think the invertor is 120w but not sure. It was a cheapie from Lidl.

The size of invertor you will need will depend on what you are running from it - and that is a personal choice. I would say that in the case of invertors bigger isn't always better.
Thanks for the reply seems like ours will be big enough we don't really have any specific use in mind for the inverter but thought it better to have the cables etc built in as the conversion takes place.

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Remoska and slow cookers are very low power. We have 2000 watt inverter that run various things that need more power eg hairdryer microwave although only for a couple of minutes we cover all our needs with one unit.(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back