Cleaning Cassettk (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have been using the flush water and holding talk stuff Halfords, Fenwicks. Out take was very iffy, stained and horrible but over a couple of trips its very much better inside and I expect it will be like new before long. Bonus is the Fenwicks product is half the price of Thetfords cleaner.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I use citric acid,bought in kilo bags on the net, very expensive in brewers shops otherwise, brings that and my kettle up great and is great to drink from after. ....the kettle that is. ..ha h a.
cleans the waste task and I'm going to try it in the fresh water tank soon, should be ok if I used it in the kettle, and is organic, from citrus! !
oh and I cleaned the toilet bowl with it, horrible stains from the previous owner!
Brought it up like new.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I use citric acid,bought in kilo bags on the net, very expensive in brewers shops otherwise, brings that and my kettle up great and is great to drink from after. ....the kettle that is. ..ha h a.
Yes, we've used it in the kettle before now, and as you say, it brings them up great. I wasn't aware you could buy it in 1Kg quantities. :)

Cheers,

Jock.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Mmm so how often do you have to look at the inside of a cassette. Does it matter if it is not pretty?
Had ours three years , used all the time we are in the van, vans seven years old so don't know if it's ever been done , but never even thought of looking , it keeps working and doesn't smell when the hatch is closed and only smells of blue stuff when open, so leave well alone.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I am experimenting with cleaning the cassette at the moment. About a year ago I used the thetford proper stuff and it lifted a lot of the scale off bearing in mind the cassette was 5 years old, came away in lumps after soaking for a good 10/12 hours but never got it all off. Now I am trying 2 litres of tesco cola been in there 3 hours up to now so will let you know what happens. We have a spare cassette so might leave it in there for 24 hours. Next will be vinegar depending how well the cola works, then back to thetford and if all else fails sandblast it.....that's a joke.

Tesco cola been in there for 24 hrs.....no effect next step get some vinegar and try that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I recently changed the automatic vent as it looked a bit dodgy when I removed the old one. While doing this I could see inside and was amazed how clean it was, no sign of the horrible gunge or lime scale you can see if you look down the flap hole in most cases. I intended cleaning it out after our winter away but don't need to bother now.

I put it down to using only laundry liquid from Lild or Aldi, bio if you can get it, although it's not called bio in Spain & Portugal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back