Cheap Quality Camping on Costa Blanca (1 Viewer)

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
We just intend to keep updated anyone interested in our new campsite. It is true, that for now we are just showing a "building site", but it is the building site of our campsite. In the next videos we will tag the facilities in order for you to know what each building is.

Anyone that has stayed in our Camping Marjal in Guardamar and seen our quality standards can be sure that we will offer the same quality standards in the brand new site Marjal Costa Blanca. The only reason we can offer a good value is because we will have 1500 pitches, that's 1300 more pitches than in our campsite in Guardamar. So we think it is possible to get good quality at an affordable price.

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Here you can see the latest video recorded from the building site the 28th of April. This is the most detailed one so far, and I've added titles to the facilities, so you can see where things are. I hope you like it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIfuImx006g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIfuImx006g[/ame]

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well we could force ourselves to stay here very easily given half a chance :thumb::thumb::thumb:

It is similar to a small village ..all needs catered for...even a vets

Can i ask what the camping pitche's surface be?

Will they be divided / grouped in some way?

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Well we could force ourselves to stay here very easily given half a chance :thumb::thumb::thumb:

It is similar to a small village ..all needs catered for...even a vets

Can i ask what the camping pitche's surface be?

Will they be divided / grouped in some way?

Kath

Hi Kath,

Yes, it is similar to a small village, but you have many small villages and the town of Catral within walking distance.

Pitches range from 90 to 180 square meters and yes they will be grouped by long, mid, and short term guests.

Funsters get 30% discount from standard rates for bookings made before opening (15th December 2011)

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
It looks like it will be a lovely site. Probably tooooo big for us though :cry:

Much prefer smaller sites, but will be sure to come and visit to have a look when we are down that way this winter.

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Just driven past the site today - it's right next to the AP7 so could be a little bit noisy!!!:Eeek::Eeek:

Dear Penelope, we know you are concerned about the possible noise from the motorway, we just wanted to let you know that you don´t need to worry about the noise issue because we will build a 6 m high soundproof wall which will stop any noise coming from the motorway.

We are committed to our costumer's comfort

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Kath,

Yes, it is similar to a small village, but you have many small villages and the town of Catral within walking distance.

Pitches range from 90 to 180 square meters and yes they will be grouped by long, mid, and short term guests.

Funsters get 30% discount from standard rates for bookings made before opening (15th December 2011)

Thank you for info but my query meaning was there anything dividing pitch's to separate the vans from their neighbour or will it be a walk through any pitch

ps a name on your signature would be nice so we know whom we are chatting with :thumb:

Kath

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Thank you for info but my query meaning was there anything dividing pitch's to separate the vans from their neighbour or will it be a walk through any pitch

ps a name on your signature would be nice so we know whom we are chatting with :thumb:

Kath

Hi Kath,

Pitches will be separated by fig trees and pittosporums. You can see them on the video at the bottom of page 4 on this thread (min 3:35)

Ah, this is Raimon writing :winky:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Kath,

Pitches will be separated by fig trees and pittosporums. You can see them on the video at the bottom of page 4 on this thread (min 3:35)

Ah, this is Raimon writing :winky:

Thank you Raimon :thumb:

now how did I miss those :Doh::Doh:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Lots of work to do before December

We will come and visit in December and if we like, will book a month for Jan/Feb 2012. :thumb:

Hopefully you will have pitches to accommodate 9.5 m RV

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I have asked Raimon in his next up date video of the sites progress to park a vehicle, the same vehicle on each of the three sizes of pitch they offer, Confort 90 - 95m2, Premium 96 - 130m2, Luxe 131 - 180m2 so that we can judge which size we require before booking. :Smile:

He thinks a great idea. :thumb::thumb:

Mick

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
The latest video update straight from the building site to you and featuring the 3 different pitche's sizes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7z5rIJks0[/ame]

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
will he cater for everybody,inc wheelchair users....or will he just be another money grabber....

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Marjal

Hola :Smile:
We are off to Marjal's other site at Guardamar for 2 nights before low season ends using ACSI . Its gone in the book this year but haven't managed to visit till now. This site is by the beach but the new one sponsering the forum is in Crevillente inland. Mind you Crev is a fairly large town with most things available. Will be difficult for motorhomers to get about unless they have car or scooter. Not sure about public transport around there.
We have to use these sites off season cos otherwise your talking about 50/60 euros per night normally in July/August for short stays. Hotels 4 * are ruddy cheaper around here than some of these big sites.:Angry:
Mind you after using Camping caravan club site in Folkstone for 2 nights as a non member couple of years ago when over in England i suppose Marjal is looking cheap !!!!!!! :Eeek:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Bryan, As I see the price on the web site the €245 per month price is the offer price if booked before Dec 2011, but for Motor Home Fun to be given a member only offer of €210 per month is fantastic and if used for 6 months will save you €210 :Eeek:

We are currently on the sister site Camping Marjal and paying €447 per month on the 5 month stay tariff. :Sad:

Guess where we will be heading for next year or sooner :Blush:........Thanks MHF :thumb::thumb:[/QUO
We are coming out to stay in our house in La Marina today for 2 weeks - I will call and see you when I'm out on one of my cycle rides! Is this the campsite on the river segura?

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We are out to Spain today for 2 weeks - not in our motorhome :-( - and I cycle past this site quite regually. I will call in and get some info , photos etc... and post them on here when I get back.
Tony

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
will he cater for everybody,inc wheelchair users....or will he just be another money grabber....

From Marjal web site

Services and amenities

* Camping area offering pitches between 90 and 180 square metres each. All are fully serviced with electric hook-ups, water and drainage.
* Fully equipped Mobil Homes with two bedrooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom, and veranda.
* Fully equipped, modern toilet and shower facilities featuring washbasins, toilets, shower cubicles, dish-washing area, a laundry room with washing machines and tumble dryers, chemical toilet disposal, etc.
* Tapas bar, restaurant, swimming pool bar, etc.
* Wellness centre featuring fitness studios, heated swimming pools, saunas, Turkish bath, physiotherapy service and spa.
* Tropical lake swimming pools.
* Supermarket, clubhouse, pub, etc.
* Sports facilities: tennis, padel tennis, basketball and volleyball courts, etc.
* Pétanque courts, barbecue area, children’s playground, etc.
* Hairdressers, playroom, vet’s office, ATM, car wash, newsagent.
* Doctor’s surgery and care services.
* Private security. WIFI.
[HI] * Campsite fully accessible for the disabled.[/HI]

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Dear Funsters, here is the latest video update from the building site of the new campsite filmed on tuesday. Please feel do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXjNApfqX3s[/ame]

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes agree that it is looking good, Thank you Raimon for taking time to show us the sites progress :thumb::thumb:

Kath

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi bit confused here, just been quoted €545.60 for 1 month in Jan, 2 people on a lux pitch, which doesn't seem cheap to me. I didn't expect to get it for €245 the long term rate, but €545.60? So it looks like we will look elsewhere.

Ian

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi bit confused here, just been quoted €545.60 for 1 month in Jan, 2 people on a lux pitch, which doesn't seem cheap to me. I didn't expect to get it for €245 the long term rate, but €545.60? So it looks like we will look elsewhere.

Ian

Does that price include the 20% discount mentioned / funsters discount ?

oops just saw 20% was for 2months sorry

Kath

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Ian

Hi Ian

Just had a look at the site fees, that's the flat rate without the 30% funster discount ... as reported by Jim in the opening post

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Ian

Just had a look at the site fees, that's the flat rate without the 30% funster discount ... as reported by Jim in the opening post

Thank you Jim, I stopped at trying to book

But with my reckoning works out at approx £85.99 per week with the discount
(381.92 euros £339.97 for the month)

:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush: mind I could have worked it out incorrectly ...guess someone will check :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kath

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim so the discounts are only for over 2 months or 6,:Sad: I can get better rates using ACSI. The adverts are a bit misleading, and to me; give the impression that discounted rates are available to funsters for any length of stay. Not to worry Algave here we come. :Smile:

Ian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim so the discounts are only for over 2 months or 6,:Sad: I can get better rates using ACSI. The adverts are a bit misleading, and to me; give the impression that discounted rates are available to funsters for any length of stay. Not to worry Algave here we come. :Smile:

Ian

€18 + leccy per night is too rich for me too.. and that's in low season .. rises to about €50 in the summer :Eeek:

Algarve.. too wet and windy in winter :thumbdown: .. stick to the coast around Almeria for the best winter weather ..
Link Removed is a good site .. with 40% discount for a 30 day stay.. works out about €8.50 per night + leccy

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
I was thinking of staying for a month in February.

But at 545 euros..........no,no,no :thumbdown:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back