Cheap Quality Camping on Costa Blanca

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Jim, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I have been speaking to Raimon who took an advert with us last week for his new campsite, I thought it was a revamp of an old site but its not, its a brand new site They have built 1500 pitches ranging from 90 to 180 square meters, so they can take large RVs as well.

The site has been in development since 2007 and he sent me some links.

Here you can see a video filmed on Wednesday about the building site: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NNFZseSKhg[/ame]

Here a photo gallery of the works: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marjalcostablanca/sets/72157626386026196/

On our website you can see the site plan too http://www.marjalcostablanca.com/en/see-plan/

Anyway, the upshot is that Raimon will give Funsters 30% of the regular fees; so a Funster wanting to spend a full 6 months wintering there it would only cost €210 Euros a month:Smile:

http://www.marjalcostablanca.com/en/

2. DBSilverfox

DBSilverfox Read Only Funster

Just as an observation, the satellite view shows all the pitches already there and overgrown with no buildings. I suspect your original assumption was correct, and it is a renovation project. Not that it is a bad thing, only an observation.

will be interesting to see what it is like when finished. how does the long stay price of 245 euro per month long stay compare with other places?

David

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Could well be, maybe they put the pitches in first back in 2007.

4. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

I presume the date on the video clip at the begining is a mistake. 2001?

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I think it must be, they said it was shot last Wednesday:Smile:

6. david and ann

david and ann Read Only Funster

i just want you to answer my messages re getting my hands on a sticker over here in Spain !:Smile:

7. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

The regular fees for 6 month camping is €245 so a 30% discount would be €73.5 meaning a monthly price of€171.50 wouldn't it???

• Like Like x 1
  8. MicknPat

MicknPat Funster

Bryan, As I see the price on the web site the €245 per month price is the offer price if booked before Dec 2011, but for Motor Home Fun to be given a member only offer of €210 per month is fantastic and if used for 6 months will save you €210 :Eeek:

We are currently on the sister site Camping Marjal and paying €447 per month on the 5 month stay tariff. :Sad:

Guess where we will be heading for next year or sooner :Blush:........Thanks MHF :thumb::thumb:

9. Jim

Jim Ringleader

30% of the regular rate is €210. I think that the €245 is the regular rate less 20%, can't be sure because my maths is terrible, but €210 is right as this is the figure in an email I received.

Sounds good to me:Smile:

10. CampingMarjal

CampingMarjal Read Only Funster

Dear Funsters, I'll try to answer all your questions posted here

I confirm that the site is a brand new project, no renovation, everything is new. The satellite pic shows the plot division, with trees. This was the first thing to be done when the works started. But as you say, there were no buildings, now there are, as you can see in the video Jim posted.

Yes, you are right, my mistake! I filmed, edited and uploaded the video the 28/03/2011 but typed the date too fast and didn´t realize.

Mick! I find you everywhere! and yet you are right. There is now a 20% pre-opening offer for everyone, but funsters (subscribers) get a 30% instead of the 20%
    I can also confirm, precisely, the opening date which will be the 15th of December 2011, The campsite should be finished one month earlier, but we want to check everything well before opening.
    PD: Mick we´ll be at the the campsite tomorrow afternoon, are you still up for that coffee? ;)

Please feel free to ask any questions about the site. We will make photo and video updates on a weekly basis (more or less)

11. david and ann

david and ann Read Only Funster

why no answer ??

12. chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan Funster

:Rofl1: 1500 pitche's is that a small town :Rofl1:

13. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi guys i am at a loss, what am I to answer?

14. madbluemad

madbluemad

When confused, post a smiley.
    Jim
    :BigGrin:

15. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I think David and Anne think you are ignoring them. See first page of the thread. Something about a sticker...:Smile:

16. JJ

JJ Funster

Maybe these questions would be more suited to a PM where they would be less likely to be missed in amongst a thread about camping sites in the Costa Brava :Wink:

JJ

17. CampingMarjal

CampingMarjal Read Only Funster

Costa Blanca :Wink:

18. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

Looks like a good deal, but that price is for there standard plot, anyone with a bigger unit might have to upgrade to the bigger plots which work out to be more cost.

1500 seems like a big site to me, and 15k from the beach would mean that you need extra transport.

For those who do this regularly looks like a good deal, but dont know if I want to commit to 6 months though.

Pat

19. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Pat, ask for a shorter deal, I am sure while they have empty pitches they might do something. I know the area but not in winter. Would 15km inland be better winter weather or worse? I have no idea, I'm sure someone will know.

20. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Is anyone passing this area some time in the year could check it out, and maybe post a progress report, sounds tempting.:thumb: