Cello tv or Avtex tv (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a 19" Cello. Picture OK but sound is not good, as we are both a bit mutton. We hardly ever use it but it's low power consumption is a plus when off grid. Usually if we want a film we don't want the same one so tablet with earphones is the answer.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Thanks for all the replies, a great help in deciding. I think that now the cello comes with 'bluetooth ' to hook up a wireless speaker(s) will transform the sound out of a small unit. I am trying to get away from the sound through the cab speakers as alot of the sound is buffeted by the seats and resonates in the doors. Although we are not deaf we end up having the volume set too high that it can be heard outside!
All I can say is, ours does not have bluetooth, if it did, I would not have to hardwire to the head unit in the van. Maybe it is a feature on the newer models, but I couldn't say!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
All I can say is, ours does not have bluetooth, if it did, I would not have to hardwire to the head unit in the van. Maybe it is a feature on the newer models, but I couldn't say!
Much better solution anything with Bluetooth is best avoided, not hard to run a couple of wires, did mine at the same time as the reversing camera wires.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Returned an Avtex due to poor quality on dvd playback & bought a 12v Finlux which has been excellent - normally around £130 for combi 22" . Their 12v version is out of stock on their website but if interested might be worth contacting them to see when due in. If you search on Finlux on here you will see lots of posts about them.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Just did a search through my ebay history, due to the fact that the Sundance has a retracting TV stand, we needed particular dimensions, so that the TV can be hidden when parked. This is who we bought our TV from:
Broken Link Removed

It was delivered next day, and have never been happier, but as I say, you can't guarantee which brand you end up with, just what he has in stock!

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Can't agree about bluetooth. There are some excellent speakers of all sort of seizes that produce excellent results. Bluetooth is a well tried and tested technology and works very well but each to his own!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
SUNLIGHT A72
Exp
Since lockdown
Hello
I thinking of buying a avtex tv for Murray the motorhome. Been reading all about them but can't work out if I need to buy a separate aerial. And if so which is the best portable aerial for it ?

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Hello
I thinking of buying a avtex tv for Murray the motorhome. Been reading all about them but can't work out if I need to buy a separate aerial. And if so which is the best portable aerial for it ?

If your MH already has an aerial it should be fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back