Caravan & Motorhome Manchester

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gooney, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Gooney

Gooney Funster

I went to the Caravan and Motorhome show in Manchester yesterday, it was mainly Caravans and Static holiday homes. I don't think I'll bother again but to be fair, people attending did get 20% discount on the parking. One thing however I did get to go inside a new Elddis Aspire, I found it to beautifully finished inside but at the end of the day I struggled to contemplate paying £15k more for it than my Autoquest that is based on the same Peugeot unit. :RollEyes:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Never been to that Show, thanks to your report I probably never will:BigGrin:

3. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

We were there and it really was quite boring. The only thing that would take me to another show would be a meet with other Fun people. :BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

Ivy

4. lou020

lou020 Funster

we too went to the show,our 1st "motorhome" show. was mainly caravans & statics + cleaning stuff. hardly any motorhome accessories. will not be going again.

5. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I wouldn't bother with any show that doesn't have a meet at it.

6. robnchris

robnchris Funster

gmex

We went and were really disappointed with the amount of motorhomes on show, very poorly represented.
    There were more people in the Famers Market hall, can`t blame them we got some bloody yummy sausages and excellent cheeses.

To be fair Brian did warn us, still we had a nice time walking around the shops in town after....apparently...:Eek!:

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Chris, you should learn not to indulge Rob's love of shopping so much. He'll only spend too much of your money :Laughing:

8. themountaintiger

themountaintiger Read Only Funster

Just to add, I went,

There were a few motorhomes but not many. think Emm Bee based in Bury had the most there.. More for caravanners I felt..... Ive not been to other shows, so will attend one of those to see difference, but id agree not worth going back for me, unless I want to be a tugger.....:Sad:

9. ubuntu1

ubuntu1 Read Only Funster

Manchester Show

I had the opportunity to meet a lot of motorhome owners at the show. Many seemed to be in the market for satellite and solar systems and there were some show bargains. Manchester isn't in the same scale as the NEC but if your within an hours drive of Manchester then its a nice half day.

I enjoyed the show something I don't say about the NEC as its such hard work because of the size. Having said that I wouldn't miss the NEC.

10. 1Oll

1Oll Read Only Funster

Manchester Motorhome Show. Free?

After being a little disappointed With this show a couple of years ago we decided against going. Then we spotted a free evening advertised on their website (5-9pm on the Friday). Knowing the show only needs a few hours we gave it a try. It wasn't even busy on the free evening. Autosleeper was prominent in the adverts for the show but I think there was only one on the stand. I was hoping to see their anniversary monocoque model but it wasn't on display. if you were looking for a deal on a new MH and it was exhibited you would have plenty of space to view and many available sales staff to help.
    Won't go again unless it's free.
    B.