Caravan club

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by crabman, Apr 30, 2016.

1. crabman

crabman Funster

any member know if the Caravan Club has sites and discounts pitches in Europe?

thanks in advance

crabs

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

have used them in the past to book sites in France, but no discount that I recall

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

After caravanner of the year any one going to own up to being a member :rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  4. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Most of us on here ARE caravanners. We own/use/borrow motorCARAVANS.

• Like Like x 3
  5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

6. busby

busby Funster

ACSI or Camping Cheque take some beating,,,,BUSBY.

7. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Just for info, you can buy Camping Cheques from the Co. in France. Just give them a call and they will put you with someone who speaks English and the price is way cheaper than when bought in the UK

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ber090

Ber090 Funster Life Member

:wine:Never seen a campsite offer from the Caravan Club that you couldn't beat simply by contacting the site direct! They need to make a margin to pay for Chairmans caravan repairs. " My name is Bernie Gibson and I am a caravan club member" but I have removed my 30 year sticker and will not be renewing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    As said above ACSI sites take some beating,often ahving trips from the sites for campers, 7 nights for 6 offers. However,on one site in Austria,the electric was Metered,with ACSI,you are allowed a certain amount in the price paid........ Make sure you have the meter reading before you p[lug in,as it expensive enough without paying for some you never used.
    Tea Bag
    PS We have stayed at Camping Gritt ? Luxemburg and were saved a Super riverside pitch (Twin axle gin Palace) and again at Belchenblick ? bottom of germany i think and i am sure we had a discount,while at B/blick, a CC Centre arrived with about 12 c/vans on a Holiday Rally.
    Anyway,whats wrong with Aires ? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Keep well clear of booking sites through the CC in Europe unless you have money to throw away. Go with ACSI or direct booking via site websites.

11. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Or you can buy them online from the French Camping Cheque site: http://www.campingcheque.fr/ at a charge of €16 Euro = £12.54 at today's exchange rate, provided you have a credit card that does currency exchange at net rates.

The equivalent price per night from the UK site is £14.95: http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/

So currently a saving of £2.41 a night.

As others have said, ACSI is also generally very good for saving money - slightly more flexible than Camping Cheques too. We use both.

12. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Caravan Club "deals" are mostly like package holidays. And you are better off doing Continental "stuff" direct, However sometimes there are good "long term" deals to be had. Like the CCC offers on Spanish Sites in winter, (you theoretically join a "rally") but get the benefit of a "group" discount. Eg; If you book a short stay direct you will be charged the short stay price. When we went to the same site on a CCC rally we where charged the long stay price even though we only stayed a short time.

On-line searches these days produce some good sites, and "Google Earth" allows you to at least get an impression of what they are actually like!, as opposed to glossy brochures!.

Pete.