crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
any member know if the Caravan Club has sites and discounts pitches in Europe?

thanks in advance

crabs

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
ACSI or Camping Cheque take some beating,,,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
ACSI or Camping Cheque take some beating,,,,BUSBY.

Just for info, you can buy Camping Cheques from the Co. in France. Just give them a call and they will put you with someone who speaks English and the price is way cheaper than when bought in the UK

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:wine:Never seen a campsite offer from the Caravan Club that you couldn't beat simply by contacting the site direct! They need to make a margin to pay for Chairmans caravan repairs. " My name is Bernie Gibson and I am a caravan club member" but I have removed my 30 year sticker and will not be renewing.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
As said above ACSI sites take some beating,often ahving trips from the sites for campers, 7 nights for 6 offers. However,on one site in Austria,the electric was Metered,with ACSI,you are allowed a certain amount in the price paid........ Make sure you have the meter reading before you p[lug in,as it expensive enough without paying for some you never used.
Tea Bag
PS We have stayed at Camping Gritt ? Luxemburg and were saved a Super riverside pitch (Twin axle gin Palace) and again at Belchenblick ? bottom of germany i think and i am sure we had a discount,while at B/blick, a CC Centre arrived with about 12 c/vans on a Holiday Rally.
Anyway,whats wrong with Aires ? LOL

Reactions: f6c

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Just for info, you can buy Camping Cheques from the Co. in France. Just give them a call and they will put you with someone who speaks English and the price is way cheaper than when bought in the UK

Or you can buy them online from the French Camping Cheque site: at a charge of €16 Euro = £12.54 at today's exchange rate, provided you have a credit card that does currency exchange at net rates.

The equivalent price per night from the UK site is £14.95: http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/

So currently a saving of £2.41 a night.

As others have said, ACSI is also generally very good for saving money - slightly more flexible than Camping Cheques too. We use both.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Caravan Club "deals" are mostly like package holidays. And you are better off doing Continental "stuff" direct, However sometimes there are good "long term" deals to be had. Like the CCC offers on Spanish Sites in winter, (you theoretically join a "rally") but get the benefit of a "group" discount. Eg; If you book a short stay direct you will be charged the short stay price. When we went to the same site on a CCC rally we where charged the long stay price even though we only stayed a short time.

On-line searches these days produce some good sites, and "Google Earth" allows you to at least get an impression of what they are actually like!, as opposed to glossy brochures!.

Pete.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back