C&CC change arrival tmes for sites

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Sparkly, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Sparkly

Sparkly Funster Life Member

Changes to arrival times on Club Sites
    Search Press Releases
    Tuesday 08 March 2016

Arrival times at Club Sites have changed, which came into effect on 7 March.

The earliest arrival time has moved an hour to 1pm, though departure time remains the same at midday, while the latest attended arrival time has changed from 11pm to 8pm.

However, due to the popularity of travelling on Friday evenings after work, Club Sites will be staffed accordingly to cater for those arriving just after 8pm.

Bob Hill, Sites Director, said the changes followed the Club’s continued focus on delivering the highest levels of service to members.

Bob explained: “By moving the first arrival time to 1pm while keeping departure at midday, our Holiday Site teams will have more time to ensure pitches are ready for the next campers and therefore offer more choice of pitches.

“There will also be less congestion on approach roads and at the site entrance. We anticipate less night-time disturbance too from late arrivals.”

He added: “The changes will enable us to be consistent in the service provided by our Club Site teams across our network.”

If members are anticipating arriving after 8pm due to traffic delays, for example, they should call the site directly before 8pm in order to be advised of the pitching instructions for late arrivals.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Don't really have a problem with it...... we usually arrive before 5pm but inevitably there are those who will.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Thanks for that. I made my first ever site booking, a month ago, for July and the arrival time was stated as Noon.

I don't have a problem with a 1pm arrival but it would be nice to think they would tell those of us who have existing bookings in time :)

4. parknride

parknride Funster

Where it states staffed accordingly "for arrivals just after 8pm" what happens for those still working travelling after work on a friday who maybe can't arrive until say 9pm? Are they going to be refused access until next day? I personally think 8pm is a bit too early as cut off time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vanderek

Vanderek Funster

We went to Setthorns a few weeks ago - they closed the office at 4pm and we arrived at 4:10 in the dark :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

I wonder how so many other campsites manage to survive without such strict arrival and departure times.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Seeing as they are reducing the 'arrival day' in effect to 23 hours instead of 24 will they reduce the charge pro rata??? I can see the point regarding traffic and making sure the site pitches are okay but not sure whether this is a real benefit to members or just the club staff ...

• Like Like x 6
  8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Many hotels require checkout by 10am and check in not before 2pm. Normal practice in the industry.

9. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Can't remember staying in a hotel ... ever. Much prefer my 'own' hotel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

I think its to do with how they were paying their staff, someone linked to a forum about their pay and conditions can't remember if it was on fun or not.
    But it seemed they were expected to be on call at the sites with no pay after closing the office until 11pm.
    Real bun fight on the forum, didn't half make me see the wardens from both clubs in a new light.

Lin :)

Edit this is the link if it works

http://afootinbothcamps.freeforums.net/thread/70/new-pay-structure?page=7

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  11. BONZO

BONZO Funster

I think both clubs are loosing the plot. They are both getting too expensive and if you have kids well they go to town on you . I'm not happy the way the clubs are going and thinking about pulling out of my club c.cc. And if we start to pull out they will not have a problem with lost of vans coming to the sites all at once . I'm getting of my soap box now .

• Like Like x 4
  12. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

Shame they couldn't invest as much high levels of service with getting their web booking site sorted, rather than having to phone the site directly to check in availability and make a booking.
    It's still light years behind the Caravan Clubs online booking system.
    Maybe Bob Hill should focus on making a booking rather than what time you can arrive? :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doctor Dave

Doctor Dave Funster

I have never had to phone a CC&C site to make a booking - and never had problems booking on line.

Dave

14. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

15. Doctor Dave

Doctor Dave Funster

Autocruise Pinto - 6.3 metres in length.

Dave

PS Anyone else on here got a Pinto?

16. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

That's why then. Anything under 7m is fine.
    Anything over 8.1m is a lottery.
    System shows no availability but if you call the site direct, they have space. System says unit to large for this site - call the site and they have pitches to accommodate you.

If the C&CC could take the CC web booking system or the CC take the C&CC's on site friendliness and less rules, it would be ace

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chipster

Chipster Funster Life Member

No issues with the 1pm arrive 12. Depart. Not so keen on the 8pm curfew! We like many others, if we choose to stay on a ccc site and as such will be paying a premium, will struggle to get on site sometimes before 8.00. This will prohibit staying on some sites that have a minimum 2 night policy. This doesn't have members best interest in mind in my view.

• Like Like x 5
  18. parknride

parknride Funster

Yes, but they have to clean the rooms and change the beds etc....

• Like Like x 1
  19. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Which is probably why then need 4 hours rather than 1 :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Maybe the warders will then have time to do my Dumping?.:):):whistle::whistle: What do you think?

Pete