C&CC change arrival tmes for sites (1 Viewer)

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Changes to arrival times on Club Sites
Broken Link Removed
Tuesday 08 March 2016

Arrival times at Club Sites have changed, which came into effect on 7 March.

The earliest arrival time has moved an hour to 1pm, though departure time remains the same at midday, while the latest attended arrival time has changed from 11pm to 8pm.

However, due to the popularity of travelling on Friday evenings after work, Club Sites will be staffed accordingly to cater for those arriving just after 8pm.

Bob Hill, Sites Director, said the changes followed the Club’s continued focus on delivering the highest levels of service to members.

Bob explained: “By moving the first arrival time to 1pm while keeping departure at midday, our Holiday Site teams will have more time to ensure pitches are ready for the next campers and therefore offer more choice of pitches.

“There will also be less congestion on approach roads and at the site entrance. We anticipate less night-time disturbance too from late arrivals.”

He added: “The changes will enable us to be consistent in the service provided by our Club Site teams across our network.”

If members are anticipating arriving after 8pm due to traffic delays, for example, they should call the site directly before 8pm in order to be advised of the pitching instructions for late arrivals.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Don't really have a problem with it...... we usually arrive before 5pm but inevitably there are those who will.

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks for that. I made my first ever site booking, a month ago, for July and the arrival time was stated as Noon.

I don't have a problem with a 1pm arrival but it would be nice to think they would tell those of us who have existing bookings in time :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Where it states staffed accordingly "for arrivals just after 8pm" what happens for those still working travelling after work on a friday who maybe can't arrive until say 9pm? Are they going to be refused access until next day? I personally think 8pm is a bit too early as cut off time.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Seeing as they are reducing the 'arrival day' in effect to 23 hours instead of 24 will they reduce the charge pro rata??? I can see the point regarding traffic and making sure the site pitches are okay but not sure whether this is a real benefit to members or just the club staff ...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Seeing as they are reducing the 'arrival day' in effect to 23 hours instead of 24 will they reduce the charge pro rata??? I can see the point regarding traffic and making sure the site pitches are okay but not sure whether this is a real benefit to members or just the club staff ...
Many hotels require checkout by 10am and check in not before 2pm. Normal practice in the industry.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Many hotels require checkout by 10am and check in not before 2pm. Normal practice in the industry.
Can't remember staying in a hotel ... ever. Much prefer my 'own' hotel.

Reactions: f6c

Deleted User
I think its to do with how they were paying their staff, someone linked to a forum about their pay and conditions can't remember if it was on fun or not.
But it seemed they were expected to be on call at the sites with no pay after closing the office until 11pm.
Real bun fight on the forum, didn't half make me see the wardens from both clubs in a new light.

Lin :)

Edit this is the link if it works

http://afootinbothcamps.freeforums.net/thread/70/new-pay-structure?page=7

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
I think both clubs are loosing the plot. They are both getting too expensive and if you have kids well they go to town on you . I'm not happy the way the clubs are going and thinking about pulling out of my club c.cc. And if we start to pull out they will not have a problem with lost of vans coming to the sites all at once . I'm getting of my soap box now .

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Shame they couldn't invest as much high levels of service with getting their web booking site sorted, rather than having to phone the site directly to check in availability and make a booking.
It's still light years behind the Caravan Clubs online booking system.
Maybe Bob Hill should focus on making a booking rather than what time you can arrive? :mad:

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
I have never had to phone a CC&C site to make a booking - and never had problems booking on line.

Dave

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
What size is your motorhome Dr Dave?

Autocruise Pinto - 6.3 metres in length.

Dave

PS Anyone else on here got a Pinto?

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
That's why then. Anything under 7m is fine.
Anything over 8.1m is a lottery.
System shows no availability but if you call the site direct, they have space. System says unit to large for this site - call the site and they have pitches to accommodate you.

If the C&CC could take the CC web booking system or the CC take the C&CC's on site friendliness and less rules, it would be ace

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
No issues with the 1pm arrive 12. Depart. Not so keen on the 8pm curfew! We like many others, if we choose to stay on a ccc site and as such will be paying a premium, will struggle to get on site sometimes before 8.00. This will prohibit staying on some sites that have a minimum 2 night policy. This doesn't have members best interest in mind in my view.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Yes, but they have to clean the rooms and change the beds etc....

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
I think the Club sites are vastly overpriced, charging for a whole load of facilities which we motorhomers don't need. We go for the CSs and have never had a problem with arrival times. No need to book, just a quick phone call when we are about an hour away to make sure it is OK. If negative response, it's on to the next nearest one. Simples.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Between two sets of wardens we had to cover 7 days a week, daily from 8am through to 10:30pm. This meant that with days off and breaks (if and when you are lucky to get a full uninterrupted one) the cross over would be only 3 days of the week and then only for a couple of hours.
A campsite hours are very much arranged around the customer needs but also has to be practical to work with staffing hours available.
We tried various differant routines and none came up perfect for every occasion so you do the best possible to try to keep customers happy and the owners bank account.
Our arrival time said from noon but as long as it was after say 10am and a pitch was available we'd let customers on, saved having a huge queue at noon. We've had customers wanting to check in at 8am, may have been traveling through the night. Again would depend on pitch's available.

It's a bit like the comments about the showers being cleaned at 11am, and why not in the afternoon. I see it as a reasonable time that customers have had good opertunity to use the facilities up until that time, and as wardens we want to get it ready before arrivals start coming in from noon and it gets busy again. Most customers once they pitch up have a nosey around, they don't want to go in and see uncleaned facilities in the afternoon. The mornings are a busy time with office admin, cleaning and site maintenance and generally the afternoons are solely checking customers in. We knew if we didn't get everything done by 2pm we where buggerered.

Shawn.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The last C&CC site we stayed on closed the whole lot of loo facilities at 11 and had 2 people cleaning - one in each block, taking an hour. I couldn't work out why they didn't shut one block first, clean it with both cleaners and then open it before closing the second and cleaning that one. At least it would mean that each block would only be closed for half an hour.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Re. the constantly-made point that the fees are overpriced because motorhomers don't use the facilities....it's surprising how often I stay at a C&CC site where I'm the only campervan and yet the showers/toilets are in use by plenty of other people who must be using motorhomes and caravans with full facilities.

It's like pitch types.....I'm surprised how often I'm the one on a grass, non-EHU pitch while the supposedly self-sufficient motorhomes have chosen hardstanding + EHU.

Also, I can't wait (not) to see what happens when people turn up after 8pm having not bothered to contact the site staff to get the "pitching instructions for late arrivals".

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Re. the constantly-made point that the fees are overpriced because motorhomers don't use the facilities....it's surprising how often I stay at a C&CC site where I'm the only campervan and yet the showers/toilets are in use by plenty of other people who must be using motorhomes and caravans with full facilities.

It's like pitch types.....I'm surprised how often I'm the one on a grass, non-EHU pitch while the supposedly self-sufficient motorhomes have chosen hardstanding + EHU.

Also, I can't wait (not) to see what happens when people turn up after 8pm having not bothered to contact the site staff to get the "pitching instructions for late arrivals".

Some peeps will use the facilities if they have paid for them - as we do, but I would prefer not to pay for facilities that we can do without.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We watch very little TV these days and when we do we watch only a fraction of the channels on offer. In addition we don't have Sky, BT or Virgin. Yet, when we buy a TV listings magazine we have to buy one that lists all the channels we don't watch as well as the few we do and there's no chance of getting a discount off the price.

It's no different with caravan/camp sites. They provide facilities which will attract (they hope) the maximum number of customers. If there was a mass market for sites of the high standard of CC/C&CC sites in general, without all the facilities, then somebody would soon step in to make a killing from that market.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@GJH - I love some of your analogies but to compare the CC & C&CC to a TV listing mag is one of your weirdest yet!

Do you remember the 'electricity' charge debacle with the CC? You're going to tell me that it's fair to charge everyone for electricity instead of just those who use it ... they wanted to bring that in as part of the 'inclusive' price so that everyone paid citing the 'new' rules ... which were shown to be wrongly applied I believe as other sites do NOT have to do it. They are expensive, not a club at all, but a major large profit making enterprise that 'uses' the misplaced loyalty of those who still perceive it to be a 'club' to cream as much money off their 'members' as they can and pay as little as they can get away with to the staff. That's my view anyway!

You won't get others coming in to try to make a 'killing' in the market as the cost and availability of land for them to be able to do so now isn't viable.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
@GJH - I love some of your analogies but to compare the CC & C&CC to a TV listing mag is one of your weirdest yet!

Do you remember the 'electricity' charge debacle with the CC? You're going to tell me that it's fair to charge everyone for electricity instead of just those who use it ... they wanted to bring that in as part of the 'inclusive' price so that everyone paid citing the 'new' rules ... which were shown to be wrongly applied I believe as other sites do NOT have to do it. They are expensive, not a club at all, but a major large profit making enterprise that 'uses' the misplaced loyalty of those who still perceive it to be a 'club' to cream as much money off their 'members' as they can and pay as little as they can get away with to the staff. That's my view anyway!

You won't get others coming in to try to make a 'killing' in the market as the cost and availability of land for them to be able to do so now isn't viable.

NICE ONE .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back