C&CC change arrival tmes for sites (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
@GJH - I love some of your analogies but to compare the CC & C&CC to a TV listing mag is one of your weirdest yet!

Do you remember the 'electricity' charge debacle with the CC? You're going to tell me that it's fair to charge everyone for electricity instead of just those who use it ... they wanted to bring that in as part of the 'inclusive' price so that everyone paid citing the 'new' rules ... which were shown to be wrongly applied I believe as other sites do NOT have to do it. They are expensive, not a club at all, but a major large profit making enterprise that 'uses' the misplaced loyalty of those who still perceive it to be a 'club' to cream as much money off their 'members' as they can and pay as little as they can get away with to the staff. That's my view anyway!

You won't get others coming in to try to make a 'killing' in the market as the cost and availability of land for them to be able to do so now isn't viable.
What's wrong with the analogy Mel? Both are products which include features which many purchasers do not want/will not use but are included so that they can appeal to the mass market :)

There have been all sorts of discussions about electricity charging and most that I can remember pointed out that there would be no saving to customers in installing meters because of the increased costs. The CC and C&CC (and many private sites) have a model where if one books a pitch which included an EHU point one pays a standard charge for that facility no matter how much or how little electricity one actually uses. That is no different, really, from shower/toilet block provision. One pays the charge but uses it as little/often as one wishes.

As regards being a club or not, that has been discussed a couple of times in the last two weeks. They are clubs in that their governing bodies are elected by and from within the membership. They are businesses because any other approach would be irresponsible.

We are members of the CC, C&CC and MCC (which does not have its own sites of course). For our membership fees we have access to a range of main sites (which we hardly ever use), CLs/CSs (which we also don't use all that often) and rallies/THSs (which we frequently use in the case of the C&CC and MCC but never in the case of the CC). We maintain membership of all three because we wish to retain access to those facilities.

Nobody forces anyone to use any sites, be they run by the clubs or privately. It's free choice so why should we complain when we have used that freedom?

On the subject of making a killing perhaps I should have said "would soon have stepped in" rather than "would soon step in". Sites (club or private) have the facilities that they offer because (just like the TV magazines) that is what the overall market in this country requires. If we don't like it we don't have to buy it :)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
@GJH - I love some of your analogies but to compare the CC & C&CC to a TV listing mag is one of your weirdest yet!

Do you remember the 'electricity' charge debacle with the CC? You're going to tell me that it's fair to charge everyone for electricity instead of just those who use it ... they wanted to bring that in as part of the 'inclusive' price so that everyone paid citing the 'new' rules ... which were shown to be wrongly applied I believe as other sites do NOT have to do it. They are expensive, not a club at all, but a major large profit making enterprise that 'uses' the misplaced loyalty of those who still perceive it to be a 'club' to cream as much money off their 'members' as they can and pay as little as they can get away with to the staff. That's my view anyway!

You won't get others coming in to try to make a 'killing' in the market as the cost and availability of land for them to be able to do so now isn't viable.

Well they are a club aren't they?

As it's very difficult to get a pitch sometimes it seems lots of people like them and think so too. Are you saying that these people (and us) are blind idiots unable to make sane decisions and in need of guidance..

Err wait ..

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back