C.C.& C. Club ! What a bunch of bankers !!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Stephen & Jeannie, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

I have used their Oswestry (Cranberry Moss) site frequently in the past 2013 price for 2 nights all singing and dancing pitch for 2 adults ACU rate was £32-70:thumb:

This year It's........£55-90 !!:Angry:

So, all you funsters who ask which club to join, It's bleedin obvious innit ??:Eek!::Eek!::Eek!:

Does anyone know the e-mail address of Robert Lauden the CEO of the club so I can formally tell him to piss off when my membership falls due in July !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

• Like Like x 8
  2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

no.. but I bet shifty does.. :Wink:

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ukcampsites/2014-pricing

also listen to him here explaining pricing ..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaulV4BJU7o&list=PLO3eWkvMbpQ1VHyOEYrvBkEBvtiKb5o0J"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaulV4BJU7o&list=PLO3eWkvMbpQ1VHyOEYrvBkEBvtiKb5o0J[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  3. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Are you sure the dates are comparable, I mean the dates you want this year are available for Age Consession. I've just checked a random date in November (low season) with Age Concession and it worked out at approx. £16 per night (2 ACR people). Just checked for next week (high season, Easter school hols) and yes its £26 ish per night, no Age Concession because its high season.
    I don't like the new pricing structure either but be sure you are comparing like for like dates before you go raving to the boss.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

That club emailed me the other day, asked if I would like to offer motorhomefun members the opportunity to take a survey for them, you know, the type of survey that asks you what your likely to buy next, and when; and finishes with. Oh and give us your email address too if you like. :Doh:

Haven't responded yet, but I will:Doh:

• Like Like x 5
  5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Give them my email address please Jim....:thumb:

Love to look at all the sites for my panda fiver wheel.

Steve that is way over the top, I can't believe that price , does it include massage and van vallet ?

• Like Like x 4
  6. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

I think its a mess. You cannot tell what the price is until you have almost finished the booking process.

I tried 3 fairly random, albeit high season, dates and compared to last year prices had gone up hugely. It might be that some low season prices are cheaper, but the fixed fee for hardstanding is up by 25%, age concession is reduced and the sum total on the sites I enquired on were up by something like 30% compared to last year.

Are the camping and caravanning club TRYING to lose members, because that is what will happen. If this situation remains I cannot see me renewing again, unfortunately its not long since I did without realising what they have done.

• Like Like x 6
  7. chaser

chaser Funster

Go to Europe , save your site fees for the tunnel fare then park for free:thumb:
    Never mind the £45 to join

• Like Like x 7
  8. Sidney

Sidney Funster

I genuinely feel that neither the CC&C nor CC offer value for money for motorhome owners.

Our business always gives clear guidance on prices: you see the price including and excluding VAT and the cost of shipping on every single product. I HATE not knowing the final cost until you get through to the booking/payment page :Angry:

I'd love to see just where the money goes at these two clubs but I'm reticent to buy all the records from company house for

00445520 CAMPING AND CARAVANNING CLUB LIMITED(THE)
    04888316 THE CAMPING AND CARAVANNING CLUB (FRANCHISING) LIMITED
    00646027 CARAVAN CLUB LIMITED(THE)
    00305145 CARAVAN CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND(1935)LIMITED(THE)

• Like Like x 2
  9. chaser

chaser Funster

We have been in ccc for five years , every year I say we are coming out of it, but it always takes me by surprise , and the dd has been paid:Doh: but this year I think we will stay in just for the cls and the meets they have, we have been on quite a few already this year , but the camp sites are a complete ripoff for us as we don't use any facilities ,and if you go to ukcampsites you can find most of the sites on there and if you talk to them right they will let you stay without being members, the cls I meen:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Yes, but when are you going? Over Easter? I was at Devizes (solo old person member) last w/e and it cost £22.50 for 2 nights . which I didn't think was bad...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

We never use the c & cc sites. We do however use the Da meets and Temporary holiday sites. This is the only club I belong to and it offers me value for money on the meets etc. I have also saved more than my membership on the motorhome insurance I took out.

I will continue to be a member but just not use their sites. Simples.

Typical meet prices with the Motorhome Section £6.50 a night. We have also been on a meet on a site in low season price £8 a night. No contest.

Sonja

• Like Like x 4
  12. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

That's not like for like, EU sites at peak can make your eyes water.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Stephen & Jeannie

Yes, both dates were for mid-season !:RollEyes:

14. Stephen & Jeannie

Funsters will know that I over winter in Spain and Portugal ! Couldn't do it last winter for medical reasons, but on my to Pedro's in November with my new child bride !:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

It's Dover - Calais for me with a meander through La Belle France !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Stephen & Jeannie

Couple of days time !!

Monday 14th April for two nights, confirmed with site that it was mid-season !:thumb:

16. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

The site told you wrong, it is high season April 14 to 21st and no Age Concession is available in high season. If you go onto website, then UK campsites, then 2014 pricing, then Price Insert card 2014, it's all there in black and white (well multiple colours).

17. Stephen & Jeannie

C.C. Also have certificated sites !! and ferry discounts and a handbook that is easy

All done £54-90 !!:Angry:

And the kids are still at school !

As I said, It's a total rip off, I am voting with my feet !

The C.C. do some good deals with some sites fixed at £11 and mid week discounts ! I have always enjoyed their sites and despite other peoples comments have never had a problem with siting the MH or with the wardens !:Blush::Blush:

• Like Like x 2
  18. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

In this area schools closed for the Easter holidays last Friday. They go back on April 22nd (the day after Easter Monday). It's different from the normal one week before/one week after because Easter is late this year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I'm afraid you have booked in HIGH season.. and the kids (mine anyway ) are off school until 23rd..

luckily you are a member.. or it would be Total: £54.90 (Non-members: £70.70)

[​IMG]

20. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

High season.. We have 7 nights at Teversal next week.. £240..
    I don't have a huge problem with the price when the kids are of school... Normally we would avoid this period but this easter we have a few commitments.