C.C.& C. Club ! What a bunch of bankers !! (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
With a membership of around 600,000 members in the UK and 28 million worldwide,the Scouts are probably the largest with an exemption certificate!

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I must be missing something here it doesn't seem that bad to me.
If it has all the facilities and is all sing and dancing and you want them to improve then it is going to cost money.
Everything has gone up its the way of the world at moment.
Not a week goes by that things get cheaper a own a couple of businesses and no one is making any money and all prices are going up.
Until house prices come down to 80~120K all prices will go up.
Don't forget minimum wage plus now pension payments for all staff this has got to be paid for.
We joined caravan club and have so far used one site have stayed at site ranging from £11 to £32 a night so far looks like you pay for what you get.
Most seem to be round £20 a night.
I wont be moaning about costs if i think its bad value I simply wont go back.
If they phone or email a survey (think you get these now for filling your car with petrol) then i will tell them its over priced.
Jim

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I have used their Oswestry (Cranberry Moss) site frequently in the past 2013 price for 2 nights all singing and dancing pitch for 2 adults ACU rate was £32-70:thumb:

This year It's........£55-90 !!:Angry:

So, all you funsters who ask which club to join, It's bleedin obvious innit ??:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

The only club we belong to is Motorhomefun. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

If campsites or CLs don't want our business just because we don't belong to a particular club, well we just wont give it to them, nor would we join another club just to use a specific site.

If they go bust because others do exactly what we do, well that is entirely their own fault.

When we go away we want to have some fun, chill and relax and not worry about petty rules, regulations and inter-club squabbles life is far too short

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Planning consent and licensing are two separate issues. The former applies to some sites but not all. Licensing (or exemption from licensing) applies to all sites. Para 13 of the First Schedule of the 1960 Act provides a safeguard whereby a local authority can take action to have an exemption withdrawn from unsuitable land.

Thanks Graham I do understand that they are separate issues.
The point I make is that without the 1960 act they would all need planning permission and the associated paperwork and charges.
The Act gives a means and grants the ability to manage these five van sites without falling foul of planning rules and regulation.
Those who act outside of the Act must surely fall into the planning departments net with all that that entails.
Whilst it seems that the legislators (advised by the two main caravanning clubs as usual) foresaw it would be used by members of the clubs that had set the site up, the making of members of those organisations, the admission of guests of members or indeed the use by non members seems to have been left very much up to those who manage it.

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
:ROFLMAO: what amazes me. And I may seem stupid here, is during low season when site use may be low prices would be high to compensate for lack of customers. In high season when demand is high why aren't discounted prices made available because whatever happens most sites are full so they making good profits anyway.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Jim,
Don't know if this has been suggested, the thread got a bit too involved for me, but....
Have you considered creating an "Associate" level of membership?
Fees paid to FUN authorised sites could then be said to include Associate membership for the duration of the stay.
Would that not legally get round the membership obstacle without entering into legislative nitty gritty?

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim,
Don't know if this has been suggested, the thread got a bit too involved for me, but....
Have you considered creating an "Associate" level of membership?
Fees paid to FUN authorised sites could then be said to include Associate membership for the duration of the stay.
Would that not legally get round the membership obstacle without entering into legislative nitty gritty?

Because we have a membership level that is free, we are probably better suited than anyone to sign non members up at the gate, if we wanted to.

Either way of reading the legislation is fine by me, either they are public or members only. My only gripe is that we have to insist upon members only, while that particular club does not, that gives them an advantage over us and that pees me off a little (and it is only a little ::bigsmile:)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Because we have a membership level that is free, we are probably better suited than anyone to sign non members up at the gate, if we wanted to.

Either way of reading the legislation is fine by me, either they are public or members only. My only gripe is that we have to insist upon members only, while that particular club does not, that gives them an advantage over us and that pees me off a little (and it is only a little ::bigsmile:)

why please?-I thought you issued the licenses and as such you can interpret the rules which way you want IE as CC /C&CC or as MCC do ? or have I got that wrong as well :Smile:
terry

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
why please?-I thought you issued the licenses and as such you can interpret the rules which way you want IE as CC /C&CC or as MCC do ? or have I got that wrong as well :Smile:
terry

If you read the whole thread you'll see that we are told we must insist on members only. If we don't do as they ask and fall out with NE (DEFRA) they can just take our exemption rights away. I cannot afford lawyers to take them to court to get them back.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Graham I do understand that they are separate issues.
The point I make is that without the 1960 act they would all need planning permission and the associated paperwork and charges.
The Act gives a means and grants the ability to manage these five van sites without falling foul of planning rules and regulation.
Those who act outside of the Act must surely fall into the planning departments net with all that that entails.
Whilst it seems that the legislators (advised by the two main caravanning clubs as usual) foresaw it would be used by members of the clubs that had set the site up, the making of members of those organisations, the admission of guests of members or indeed the use by non members seems to have been left very much up to those who manage it.

It's a complicated and messy situation, as explored in more depth on Broken Link Removed.

As regards places operating outside the Act (i.e. without either licence or certificate), it is easier said than done for planning departments to identify them given their resources and other workload. They will probably only act if they receive a complaint. If that were not the case we would not see so many places operating in such a manner.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
terry
The problem is that NE are insisting that clubs like Fun implement a members only policy before they will issue exempted organisation status and will take that status away if the club does not comply.

The issue as to whether they have the legal power to insist is open to question (as explored on the other thread) but could well be very costly to challenge, as Jim says.

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Gor blimey !!!

All I wanted to do was have a rant !!! now look at it !:Doh:

Got in touch with the main man, moaned and he basically he said either piss or get off the pot !..:winky:

I am now off the pot !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you read the whole thread you'll see that we are told we must insist on members only. If we don't do as they ask and fall out with NE (DEFRA) they can just take our exemption rights away. I cannot afford lawyers to take them to court to get them back.

That's me told ::bigsmile: I thought I had read it and the other thread ::bigsmile:Now I have been told I am no longer confused :winky: You have to obey :winky:
terry

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Why don't we all write to DEFRA and complain?

They can't ignore 20,000 complaints can they?

Eddie

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We used to spend a lot of time on a C&CC site in the winter.

This year, the price has gone from about £16 a night to £27 a night - low season :Eeek:

Last edited:

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Ford Golden Eagle Transit
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
I need to use sites with electricity & preferably showers. Was at Moreton in Dorset (cc&c site) over Easter and it was emptier than my first ever trip
Aug last year and that wasn't full either.
So maybe people are starting to vote with their wheels :Smile:
If I can find the facilities I need I'd happily not renew my subscription next year.
Dylan, like the look of your site and despite no showers if I can get that far I'll def come :thumb:

Lucy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back