Butter (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2008
Butter kept in fridge. Slice and use like cheese. Lovely.

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
Lurpak spreadable
But not the "lighter" version
And under no circumstances whatsoever (including threats of a long, painful death) should you even consider the "lightest" stuff.
It's not lighter, a half pound is still a half pound, its just had fat removed, and as every palate knows; remove the fat and you remove the taste.

That's the primary reason why grilled bacon never tastes as nice as that which has been fried.

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
If you find a solution could you pass it on to the restaurants I go to.
If a dish includes butter, soup and roll etc, the little block of foil wrapped butter is always direct from the FREEZER.
I usually put it UNDER the soup bowl for a minute or two.
If you're in a hotel you can stick it on top of the toaster at breakfast time whilst you're waiting for the bread to travel around the world and come back slightly warmed.
By the time you've sent the bread on its second expedition and it's arrived burned, the butter will be useable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
If you find a solution could you pass it on to the restaurants I go to.
If a dish includes butter, soup and roll etc, the little block of foil wrapped butter is always direct from the FREEZER.
I usually put it UNDER the soup bowl for a minute or two.
Is that in soup kitchens?

Nov 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil integra
Exp
New
We take our Lakeland insulated butter dish from home. Still out it in the fridge overnight if weā€˜re somewhere super-warm. It has to be real butter... :

Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
How about using a cool bag but without an ice pack. That should keep it pretty close to the temperature at which is was when you bagged it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a couple of Pyrex butter dishes, thick glass base and plastic tight fitting lid (think Tupperware but with a glass base), they help to keep butter cooler in hot weather but we can still have an issue sometimes.

If it's really warm I store the butter dish in a low drawer or even the grill as they tend to be cooler than anywhere else and if it is really hot it goes in the washing-up bowl sat in an inch of cold water. When it's cold using a hot knife, dipped in a mug of hot water, does the trick, or alternatively do very a thin scraping/slice and spread each one rather than letting them stick together.

I get my butter from FarmFoods where it's only 99p a packet and is very tasty.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Our butter in the Moho lives in the oven. The oven is insulated to keep heat in, so in the same way it will insulate to keep out when itā€™s not in use. So our oven stores our kettle and our butter dish, unless either the oven, the kettle or the butter is in use.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
One of managements attempts to help us eat healthy things swapped us to olive spread from Lidle. It is cheaper than the butter and doesnā€™t go as hard as butter.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Try placing a knob under each armpit while waiting for the toast. Softens up a treat but can taste like the pits. Hope that clarifies.
That's the last think you want ... clarified butter isn't nice. :sick:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I only ever have it on toast. I slice a thin bit off the end and put it on the toast for 10 seconds... Then turn it over... Ten seconds later it's spreadable. It's nice with a thin smearing of Bovril too šŸ˜‹

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
That's the last think you want ... clarified butter isn't nice. :sick:
Au contraire. Where would Eggs Benedict be without the clarification of butter, without hollandaise sauce, thatā€˜s where.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Au contraire. Where would Eggs Benedict be without the clarification of butter, without hollandaise sauce, thatā€˜s where.
Is Eggs related to Dirk Benedict? :giggle:

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Is Eggs related to Dirk Benedict? :giggle:
Given his demise was from a massive heart attack, there is every possibility Eggs and Derek Jules Gaspard Ulric Niven van den Bogaerde are related from the same brunch.šŸ„ššŸ§ˆ
Oops! Wrong Dirk - pity the fool.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
You can still buy butter in tins, which is what my family used on its first Continental camping holiday in the 60s. šŸ˜€

Amazon product ASIN B07D5DCJQJ
When we lived in Ghana we bought our margarine in 10kg tubs which proclaimed that you had the full margarine taste. Butter in Cape Coast where we lived butter was unobtainable, you had to go to Accra, the capital for it but getting it home 90 miles away was a challenge without a very good cool-box. The marge kept in the 30+C heat for weeks in the large container in the store cupboard. You can also still buy it is smaller tins which Brough back to us memories when we lived in Zambia. Do not get me started on my very first caravan trip driving from Harare to Beira in Mozambique unless you wish to read a very long post!

• Love It
Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
It has just occurred to me that I have a perfectly serviceable thermos. A stubby one, for children's lunches. I might give that a try. I do also carry an electric cold box for things like chocolate biscuits for the Girldchild, so it could also go in there. I don't have an oven, or I probably would put in in there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back