Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
What I do if too hard from the fridge is scrape off thin bits and dot all over the slices of bread or toast when dotted on all 4 slices by the time I've scraped and dotted the 4th one. the first will usually be soft enough to spread.

During cooler weather, the in-use block doesn't see the fridge, it lives in its plastic butter dish in the sink standing on a pre-damped clean dishcloth, J cloth etc to stop it moving when we're on the road. When we arrive wherever, the butter dish stands on the worktop at one side of the mixer tap 'post'. Only if the ambient temp is such that it would turn into the first stage of Ghee pdq, does it go into the fridge again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Those horrible little wrapped butter things —— hold each end with fingers, gently twist in opposite directions a few times. Something to do with molecule friction (?) softens butter in a few seconds.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I just cut a piece of the block of butter of the block keep that piece out of fridge in a little tub with lid. Saves chilling then softening the whole block over and over. Works for me.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
A temperature controlled butter dish?

Whatever next? :rolleyes:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
No sorry I am completely out of temperature controlled butter dishes at the moment.

When I am back in stock I will post in the classified section (y)
I would appreciate a pm as I don’t venture into classifieds. I‘m too easily led into buying things I don’t really need.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I just cut a piece of the block of butter of the block keep that piece out of fridge in a little tub with lid. Saves chilling then softening the whole block over and over. Works for me.
I do the same (you can get a pack of 8 little tubs in Poundland for a £1 😂) and just have a couple made up in the fridge and as you finish one take the next one out of the fridge.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
During large formal family breakfasts, (sadly these only occur two or three times a week these days) everyone has their own Denby Butter Pat. Because of the individual size, by the time your on your second bucks fizz the butter is at the perfect temperature (just below room) for optimum spreading

1594187402955.png

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I have one of these , this only ever goes in the fridge on very hot days, the rest of the time butter is left out in it for easy spreading accessibility 🤞

The only problem is that artisan butter sometimes comes in odd shapes that has to be carved and sculpted to fit :LOL:

Not cheap but we have had it for years,

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
We keep ours in the butter drawer under the van fridge, cool all year but not cold 😏

Hegartym

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
I’m a newbie
One of the problems I have never solved is how to keep butter in the motorhome. Left out, it melts and runs away. In the fridge, it’s too hard for an impromptu sandwich. I compromise with taking it in and out as would seem to be required, but it’s almost never in the right state for use, whatever I do.

What do other people do?
[go to Amazon and look for Easy knife TM Butterknife

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Well, well what a lot of good ideas. I'm not sure I can bring myself to shell out the best part of fifty quid for a butter dish, but I'll look out for the holey knife!

I may consider keeping some individual pats, too. I often need just a little for my ten year olds breakfast, and she likes soft bread, and I want to get moving! At home we keep it out, and it never melts, but in the MH in Europe, it went into liquidation if I did that!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Olive light for me never a spreadable problem 👍🏼

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Put it in a suitable sized Tupperware (other makes are available) container and put it on the rear wheel, on the the side that does not get the sun. Just have to go out in your JummyJams to get it for breakfast and it's even better when you have to go out in your JimmyJams in the rain. :gum:

Nov 22, 2011
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
PVC WildAx
Exp
Since 2007
Wrap in a damp, cold water cloth and put in a box. A BUTTER BELL is good. Bottom of pot - water. Lid of pot - butter - invert into bottom section. Old fashioned and low tech.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Proper Welsh butter at home....... I can't believe it's not butter in the van

I can believe it's not butter, but life is way too short to worry about it🙂

Bevlar