Burstner Owners (2 Viewers)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
the fresh water tank in our Burstner, has a very small leak around the large red inspection cap, which is on the side of the water tank.
There is a foam washer/seal that doesn't seem to want to seal it. It releases a small bead of water which can then drop down onto the van floor.
Have taken the red cap off and re-seated the foam seal and replaced several times, but with no joy. The dealer did put a new seal in, which did work initially, but then after a couple of days, the inevitable drip re-appeared.
Firstly, is there a better type of seal to use rather than a foam one? If so has anyone tried one?
Where can I get spare seals from. Looked on the South Downs on-line shop site, but don't see one listed.
This is not a major problem, but just one of those simple but annoying issues that just can drive you round the bend!
Anyone else experienced the same problem?

Mr Rusty

Free Member
Apr 13, 2012
Bedford
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Since 1986
I use the smaller white coloured 'filler' to fill the water tank and like you only remove the red 'screw cover' a couple of times a year when doing a deep clean. What I mean is that I think the changes in pressure on the seal between a full tank of water (maximum pressure) and when the water drops below the opening (no pressure) made the seal leaked again. One thought is that maybe I am overtightening the original neoprene seal. As for the rubber O ring - it just didn't seal no matter whether I tried it with or without Vaseline (not a flood of water but a constant drip).

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
the fresh water tank in our Burstner, has a very small leak around the large red inspection cap, which is on the side of the water tank.
There is a foam washer/seal that doesn't seem to want to seal it. It releases a small bead of water which can then drop down onto the van floor.
Have taken the red cap off and re-seated the foam seal and replaced several times, but with no joy. The dealer did put a new seal in, which did work initially, but then after a couple of days, the inevitable drip re-appeared.
Firstly, is there a better type of seal to use rather than a foam one? If so has anyone tried one?
Where can I get spare seals from. Looked on the South Downs on-line shop site, but don't see one listed.
This is not a major problem, but just one of those simple but annoying issues that just can drive you round the bend!
Anyone else experienced the same problem?
Same problem. Filled the tank today almost full. Minor drip at the bottom of the foam seal to the inspection cap.
Have stuck some duct tape under so it runs to the outside.

I think I saw a thread about a new type of seal but can’t find it. Again, Burstner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back