Board delaminating?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by SC 05 OUT, Jun 8, 2011.

1. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

The end panel of my dinette (in centre of motor home) is delaminating the printed top layer from the board. It’s puckered up, sort of wavy, almost as if the printed material is too big for the panel and/or has expanded and is pushing up. The edging seems ok with no damage, there is no damp, nothing has been spilled on the panel to our knowledge, the inside side is not affected and it’s quit local spreading down one end of the panel, sometimes its soft and pliable other times it seems brittle, I presume this is temperature variation. Its double sided, but unfortunalty cannot be turned around as it’s not symmetrical.

I did wonder if I applied heat from a hairdryer it might be able to be peeled back and re-glued with spray adhesive.

I can get a replacement panel, but it will cost (arm and a leg) take ages and I will have to transfer all catches décor etc.

any bright ideas?

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Seb, I don't think you can do anything but replace the panel - not what you want to hear but you will not be able to peel it back and stick it :Eeek:It may be worth trying to get a hypodermic needle and injecting glue but again I do not think it will work :Doh:You can try after all you have nothing to loose :thumb:You do not say age of the van ?Is it under any g/tee
    terry
    Just re read your post is it on a papered finish board ? if so you will be able to peel it back and re glue the paper

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Don't know but if nothing else suggested it could be worth trying, if you are thinking of replacing anyway.

4. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

the vans a 2005 so well out of waranty, the finnish is that really thin wood effect...........and as Desco pionts no harm trying to mend it whats the worst that can happen...........arrrgggg

5. artona

artona

Do you know of Magnums of Grimsby. They sell loads of boards etc

6. Terry

Terry Funster