LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
The end panel of my dinette (in centre of motor home) is delaminating the printed top layer from the board. It’s puckered up, sort of wavy, almost as if the printed material is too big for the panel and/or has expanded and is pushing up. The edging seems ok with no damage, there is no damp, nothing has been spilled on the panel to our knowledge, the inside side is not affected and it’s quit local spreading down one end of the panel, sometimes its soft and pliable other times it seems brittle, I presume this is temperature variation. Its double sided, but unfortunalty cannot be turned around as it’s not symmetrical.

I did wonder if I applied heat from a hairdryer it might be able to be peeled back and re-glued with spray adhesive.

I can get a replacement panel, but it will cost (arm and a leg) take ages and I will have to transfer all catches décor etc.

any bright ideas?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Seb, I don't think you can do anything but replace the panel - not what you want to hear but you will not be able to peel it back and stick it :Eeek:It may be worth trying to get a hypodermic needle and injecting glue but again I do not think it will work :Doh:You can try after all you have nothing to loose :thumb:You do not say age of the van ?Is it under any g/tee
terry
Just re read your post is it on a papered finish board ? if so you will be able to peel it back and re glue the paper

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Don't know but if nothing else suggested it could be worth trying, if you are thinking of replacing anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi Seb, I don't think you can do anything but replace the panel - not what you want to hear but you will not be able to peel it back and stick it :Eeek:It may be worth trying to get a hypodermic needle and injecting glue but again I do not think it will work :Doh:You can try after all you have nothing to loose :thumb:You do not say age of the van ?Is it under any g/tee
terry
Just re read your post is it on a papered finish board ? if so you will be able to peel it back and re glue the paper

the vans a 2005 so well out of waranty, the finnish is that really thin wood effect...........and as Desco pionts no harm trying to mend it whats the worst that can happen...........arrrgggg

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Do you know of Magnums of Grimsby. They sell loads of boards etc

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Seb if that's the case then you can try and split the bubble peel open gently and get a paintbrush to try and get some contact adhesive under it.Let it dry then press it together :thumb:The excess glue can be cleaned off later.
If it goes t---s up.As well as
http://www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk/
http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/
Link Removed
you will get a match from one of them :thumb::winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.