Blue or Orange gas bottles.

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by shezza, Apr 25, 2010.

1. shezza

shezza Read Only Funster

Hi all having just come back from a weekend with the MH.
    I experienced the gas not operating properly due to the drop in temprature, If I were to carry both blue and orange bottles with me
    for when the temprature drops would my on-board regulator be ok. The MH is 2009 and the regulator is fastened to the inside wall of the gas compartment and has a yellow switch/knob.
    Also could someone recommend a reliable gas gauge.

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

If you use all year then I can't see the point in using butane, blue bottles at all.

I have only used propane orange/red bottles for years don't have to carry both then. If your van is that new regulator should be OK with only the connecting tail changed for propane one.

Don't know of a good gauge none seem to work that accurately best method carry 2 bottles when 1 empty buy new one simple.

Dave

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  3. Robinhood

Robinhood Read Only Funster

Agreed, propane all the time, and with a fixed regulator you should only need to change the pigtail.

Worth knowing that if your cylinder is Calor, it is possible to switch butane for propane cylinders at refill time at no additional cost. (even possible to switch sizes with some minor restrictions).

Unfortunately, the best way of measuring the amount of gas left in conventional cylinders is by weighing (for Calor, the empty cylinder weight in lb/ozs is on the metal collar)

4. shezza

shezza Read Only Funster

Thanks for your reply, Think I'll change to propane. Will sites exchange a variation in Red/Orange colour.

5. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

As long as it has calor on the bottle no problem. Being a red colour they fade if left in sun

Dave :thumb::thumb: