Blue or Orange gas bottles. (1 Viewer)

shezza

Free Member
Jun 4, 2009
Funster No
Hi all having just come back from a weekend with the MH.
I experienced the gas not operating properly due to the drop in temprature, If I were to carry both blue and orange bottles with me
for when the temprature drops would my on-board regulator be ok. The MH is 2009 and the regulator is fastened to the inside wall of the gas compartment and has a yellow switch/knob.
Also could someone recommend a reliable gas gauge.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
If you use all year then I can't see the point in using butane, blue bottles at all.

I have only used propane orange/red bottles for years don't have to carry both then. If your van is that new regulator should be OK with only the connecting tail changed for propane one.

Don't know of a good gauge none seem to work that accurately best method carry 2 bottles when 1 empty buy new one simple.

Dave

Last edited:

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
If you use all year then I can't see the point in using butane, blue bottles at all.

I have only used propane orange/red bottles for years never any problems don't have to carry both. If your van is that new regulator should be OK with only the connecting tail changed for propane one.

Don't know of a good gauge none seem to work that accurately best method carry 2 bottles when 1 empty buy new one simple.

Dave

Agreed, propane all the time, and with a fixed regulator you should only need to change the pigtail.

Worth knowing that if your cylinder is Calor, it is possible to switch butane for propane cylinders at refill time at no additional cost. (even possible to switch sizes with some minor restrictions).

Unfortunately, the best way of measuring the amount of gas left in conventional cylinders is by weighing (for Calor, the empty cylinder weight in lb/ozs is on the metal collar)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

shezza

Free Member
Jun 4, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for your reply, Think I'll change to propane. Will sites exchange a variation in Red/Orange colour.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
As long as it has calor on the bottle no problem. Being a red colour they fade if left in sun

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back