Autotrail Fiat Sat Nav issue

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by escapecommittee, Sep 26, 2016.

1. escapecommittee

escapecommittee Funster

Hello, on our first European trip in France. Our 2014 Navajo has worked well, but although the radio, tv, bluetooth are working, the sat nav screen just blanks out. Apart from going to see a Fiat Professional dealership on my return....has anyone else had this happen and was there a quick fix or something in the manual that I have missed?

Thanks

2. Speve

Speve Funster

We used to have a 2013 Tracker and from memory you have a setting that will sort that out Ithink you had to press mode button when radio on to get sat nav screen on with radio or something similar.

3. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Assuming you have the standard fit (Armour unit?) Tonka uploaded the manual for this in Resources - http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/13el200-headend-unit-autotrail.108/.
    If you have the older 12el version it's in there as well. Repairs to this unit are now handled by a 3rd party and for the life of me can't remember their name!:(

Don't think Fiat commercial will be able to help unless it's the new "Fiat" based sat nav Autotrail bought in with the base vehicle package. There are one or two threads on Fun covering this unit.

4. escapecommittee

escapecommittee Funster

Dealer initialy directed me to Fiat. Fiat as described by Gellyneck said not theirs. Dealer now saying deliver MH to them and they will send the malfunctioning unit away. They don't know how long a repair will take. Great, another long drive, an indeterminate wait and then have to collect it. Not the experience I expected for the money spent. Shame. The trip to France was great though. Too many croissants and french bread.

5. SteveB123

SteveB123 Funster

The Autotrail unit is crap get a Tom Tom thats what I did.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

When we had a problem with our media centre sent it back to the dealers who sent it on for repair. Was replaced with a refurbed unit (under Autotrail warranty) but given the cost of map updates bit the bullet and bought a Garmin 760 out of Aldi's. Far superior.

7. Speve

Speve Funster

I think you'll find on reading the suggested link it will be simply press the right button to get display on when using and hopefully you won't need to send it off.

8. MikeD

MikeD Funster

I so agree. We did one trip into Europe with it and gave it up.

Named him Dick for obvious reasons

Bought a snooper - so much better

• Like Like x 1
  9. escapecommittee

escapecommittee Funster

Thanks for this. I have the manuals and it was working perfectly until Thursday, then just greys out. I dont think its operator ignorance or error on this occasion. We changed nothing and the dealer has no quick fixes....

10. K9Brian

K9Brian Funster

Another that gave up on the Autotrail unit and just used a Tom Tom.

11. escapecommittee

escapecommittee Funster

Thanks for all your responses. Whilst I agree that the sat nav supplied is poor in comparison to others, having only just bought this MH at great expense, I did not expect it to stop working after 10 days use. I thought someone else might have a quick solution. So back to the dealer it goes! Not a great experience.