Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
Beginner
Hello, on our first European trip in France. Our 2014 Navajo has worked well, but although the radio, tv, bluetooth are working, the sat nav screen just blanks out. Apart from going to see a Fiat Professional dealership on my return....has anyone else had this happen and was there a quick fix or something in the manual that I have missed?

Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We used to have a 2013 Tracker and from memory you have a setting that will sort that out Ithink you had to press mode button when radio on to get sat nav screen on with radio or something similar.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Assuming you have the standard fit (Armour unit?) Tonka uploaded the manual for this in Resources - http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/13el200-headend-unit-autotrail.108/.
If you have the older 12el version it's in there as well. Repairs to this unit are now handled by a 3rd party and for the life of me can't remember their name!:(

Don't think Fiat commercial will be able to help unless it's the new "Fiat" based sat nav Autotrail bought in with the base vehicle package. There are one or two threads on Fun covering this unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

escapecommittee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
Beginner
Dealer initialy directed me to Fiat. Fiat as described by Gellyneck said not theirs. Dealer now saying deliver MH to them and they will send the malfunctioning unit away. They don't know how long a repair will take. Great, another long drive, an indeterminate wait and then have to collect it. Not the experience I expected for the money spent. Shame. The trip to France was great though. Too many croissants and french bread.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
When we had a problem with our media centre sent it back to the dealers who sent it on for repair. Was replaced with a refurbed unit (under Autotrail warranty) but given the cost of map updates bit the bullet and bought a Garmin 760 out of Aldi's. Far superior.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think you'll find on reading the suggested link it will be simply press the right button to get display on when using and hopefully you won't need to send it off.

OP
OP
E

escapecommittee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
Beginner
Thanks for this. I have the manuals and it was working perfectly until Thursday, then just greys out. I dont think its operator ignorance or error on this occasion. We changed nothing and the dealer has no quick fixes....

OP
OP
E

escapecommittee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
Beginner
Thanks for all your responses. Whilst I agree that the sat nav supplied is poor in comparison to others, having only just bought this MH at great expense, I did not expect it to stop working after 10 days use. I thought someone else might have a quick solution. So back to the dealer it goes! Not a great experience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back