Autocruise 2005 cruise control retro fit cost

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Khizzie, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Hi just a quickie,has anyone e had a retrofitted cruise control on their Peugeot boxer 2005 HDI .??? If so (1) what did it cost?) (2) was it worth it..?? Roy.

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

On my old 2004 2.2HDI it was about £360 and yes it was.
    EDIT a quick google tells me the same AP900 and command stalk is £423 fitted these days

• Like Like x 1
  3. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Cant answer your question but having had it fitted to most of my cars and both my MH's over the past 10 years I can count the times I have used it over that time on one hand in total for all vehicles and will have driven around 15K miles each year home and abroad

I really do not get it, but we prefer N roads when in France so generally not doing miles and miles at constant speed, cant think of anything worse, over here the roads never seem quiet enough for constant speed

each to their own though :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

I usually buy cars and vans with it already in if I can and if I bought a van without it then I'd definitely have it fitted cos I really wouldn't want to be without it(y)

• Like Like x 2
  5. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

no cruise control. but did have power steering fitted for £600. on my 1990 elddis .

• Like Like x 1
  6. markh

markh

Was £500 on my 2010 autocruise star dream, worth it? Yes absolutely

• Like Like x 1
  7. bertiebasset

bertiebasset Funster

Already fitted to my 55 Autocruise (Peugeot Base). Use it all the time. When I was training HGV drivers it is recommended to use cruise as much as possible to save fuel.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

I can understand the fuel saving on HGV,as an ex artic driver.but circa £500 for motorhome retrofit would buy an awful lot of deisel .and how often would I be able to engage it effectively in england...that's my main issue at the end of the day BB...but thanks to info..

9. musson

musson Funster

Hi have a look at conrad anderson web site they have various models

• Like Like x 1
  10. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

Fitted for about 12 years on all my cars and van ,used it in total over them years added together less than one hour ,soon as i switch on i feel i am not in control ,when i get near a bend it seems to speed up, maybe its because i probable take my foot of bit when in control and on a long haul what if you start nodding . foot on the accelerator keeps me awake and in control .Fair play to them that like it but its not for me lol .Sooner have a radio that worked better.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

I have it fitted to my 2004 Autocruise (2.2HDi). It was fitted by Dave Newall for the previous owner (see Dave's advert - top of page for details). I use it often. As for perceived value compared with the amount of diesel you could buy I very much doubt the return on investment, however, it does make driving long distance much more relaxing. All of this is of course 'in my opinion'.;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. bertiebasset

bertiebasset Funster

Had it on the last few cars and now MoHo came with it fitted. Travel to Coventry to see son on regular basis from Nottinghma and use it all the time.. one thing I would not like to be without now,, car has auto box but couldn't get it on MoHo,:( but at least only 5 gears on this not the 16 I was used to. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Thanks for info musson,had a good look at their site,but still over £500 for the basic....think I am going to give a cruise control a miss.and spend the £500 on diesel for touring ,my opinion better option . thanks everyone for your very useful feedback .

• Like Like x 1
  14. rapido convert

rapido convert

Hi, i have been a member of another motorhome site with similar initials for many years and been a viewer only of this site, having seen the op post i felt compelled to help so i have sighned up!.
    Hi, you can purchase a waeco cruise control system which is FULL cruise and a doddle to fit from conrad anderson for £99·00 i purchased one for a fiat ducato based roller team a few years ago, it is an excellent system and after having it i would not be without cruise control if hou are handy with your hands it will take about 45mins to fit.
    I have now fitted 4 of these systems to fellow motorhoming friends and have the time down to 25mins from lifting the bonnet to driving off fitted and testing.
    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. cruiser

that's nice to know. but it be fitted to a talbart express. 1990 vintage.

16. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

K..we've had it on last three cars and our current van........... using the cruise.. on the van excellent mpg....on the wife's car poor mpg. All about the original set up apparently but as I know nothing about electronics or mechanical thingys no further comment apart from this. On long journeys on good open roads, you can't beat a well set up cruise, relaxing and easy to control and no dead right leg! Gets our vote every time. (y) But each to his/her own!

• Like Like x 2
  17. rapido convert

rapido convert

Hi cruiser, if your post was aimed at my last post, then the waeco system will fit any motorhome of any make so long as the throttle is not fly by wire and has a vacume servo assisted brake system.
    Cheers
    Andy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cruiser

thanks a lot r/c I will have a word with my son. he is a tecnik. but its nice to know.

19. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Had cruise control retro fitted to my 2001 Laika by Dave Newell for under £400.00 about a year ago and wouldn't be without it, if you can afford it, it is a must have, especially, on motorways and driving in France. (y)

• Like Like x 3
  20. davejen

davejen Funster

We too have had CC fitted by Dave Newell, twice, great job and price, with fun discount, can't recommend him enough. Use it all the time, brilliant!
    Cheers Dave(y)

• Like Like x 2