Autocruise 2005 cruise control retro fit cost (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi just a quickie,has anyone e had a retrofitted cruise control on their Peugeot boxer 2005 HDI .??? If so (1) what did it cost?) (2) was it worth it..?? Roy.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
On my old 2004 2.2HDI it was about £360 and yes it was.
EDIT a quick google tells me the same AP900 and command stalk is £423 fitted these days

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Cant answer your question but having had it fitted to most of my cars and both my MH's over the past 10 years I can count the times I have used it over that time on one hand in total for all vehicles and will have driven around 15K miles each year home and abroad

I really do not get it, but we prefer N roads when in France so generally not doing miles and miles at constant speed, cant think of anything worse, over here the roads never seem quiet enough for constant speed

each to their own though :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
no cruise control. but did have power steering fitted for £600. on my 1990 elddis .

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Was £500 on my 2010 autocruise star dream, worth it? Yes absolutely

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Already fitted to my 55 Autocruise (Peugeot Base). Use it all the time. When I was training HGV drivers it is recommended to use cruise as much as possible to save fuel.
I can understand the fuel saving on HGV,as an ex artic driver.but circa £500 for motorhome retrofit would buy an awful lot of deisel .and how often would I be able to engage it effectively in england...that's my main issue at the end of the day BB...but thanks to info..

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi have a look at conrad anderson web site they have various models

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Fitted for about 12 years on all my cars and van ,used it in total over them years added together less than one hour ,soon as i switch on i feel i am not in control ,when i get near a bend it seems to speed up, maybe its because i probable take my foot of bit when in control and on a long haul what if you start nodding . foot on the accelerator keeps me awake and in control .Fair play to them that like it but its not for me lol .Sooner have a radio that worked better.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I have it fitted to my 2004 Autocruise (2.2HDi). It was fitted by Dave Newall for the previous owner (see Dave's advert - top of page for details). I use it often. As for perceived value compared with the amount of diesel you could buy I very much doubt the return on investment, however, it does make driving long distance much more relaxing. All of this is of course 'in my opinion'.;)

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Fitted for about 12 years on all my cars and van ,used it in total over them years added together less than one hour.

Had it on the last few cars and now MoHo came with it fitted. Travel to Coventry to see son on regular basis from Nottinghma and use it all the time.. one thing I would not like to be without now,, car has auto box but couldn't get it on MoHo,:( but at least only 5 gears on this not the 16 I was used to. (y)

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi have a look at conrad anderson web site they have various models
Thanks for info musson,had a good look at their site,but still over £500 for the basic....think I am going to give a cruise control a miss.and spend the £500 on diesel for touring ,my opinion better option . thanks everyone for your very useful feedback .

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Hi, i have been a member of another motorhome site with similar initials for many years and been a viewer only of this site, having seen the op post i felt compelled to help so i have sighned up!.
Hi, you can purchase a waeco cruise control system which is FULL cruise and a doddle to fit from conrad anderson for £99·00 i purchased one for a fiat ducato based roller team a few years ago, it is an excellent system and after having it i would not be without cruise control if hou are handy with your hands it will take about 45mins to fit.
I have now fitted 4 of these systems to fellow motorhoming friends and have the time down to 25mins from lifting the bonnet to driving off fitted and testing.
Hope this helps.
Andy.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
that's nice to know. but it be fitted to a talbart express. 1990 vintage.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
K..we've had it on last three cars and our current van........... using the cruise.. on the van excellent mpg....on the wife's car poor mpg. All about the original set up apparently but as I know nothing about electronics or mechanical thingys no further comment apart from this. On long journeys on good open roads, you can't beat a well set up cruise, relaxing and easy to control and no dead right leg! Gets our vote every time. (y) But each to his/her own!

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Hi cruiser, if your post was aimed at my last post, then the waeco system will fit any motorhome of any make so long as the throttle is not fly by wire and has a vacume servo assisted brake system.
Cheers
Andy.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
thanks a lot r/c I will have a word with my son. he is a tecnik. but its nice to know.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We too have had CC fitted by Dave Newell, twice, great job and price, with fun discount, can't recommend him enough. Use it all the time, brilliant!
Cheers Dave(y)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Hi, you can purchase a waeco cruise control system which is FULL cruise and a doddle to fit from conrad anderson for £99·00 i purchased one for a fiat ducato based roller team a few years ago, it is an excellent system and after having it i would not be without cruise control if hou are handy with your hands it will take about 45mins to fit.
I have now fitted 4 of these systems to fellow motorhoming friends and have the time down to 25mins from lifting the bonnet to driving off fitted and testing.
Hope this helps.
Andy.
Is this the one Andy?
Broken Link Removed
Not being rude, but how come you can get it fitted so quickly? Reading the instructions there are holes to drill, magnets to glue, wheels taken off etc...
Are you an automotive superman !!!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
Have used cruise control for the last 15 years, use it all the time, even local journeys, once you are used to it you can't be without it, the first spend after buying our Auto Trail, Mercedes based, was a trip up to Hull to have one fitted, £285, if I remembered correctly, money well spent.
I would like to have a go at one with predictive cruise !!!!

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Hi essex boy,
No wheels to take off, only one hole to drill (where the sensor pick up is ) no magnets to glue (they are attached to the drive shaft via a big thick pull tie).
The hardest bit is mounting the vacume servo.( bending the brackets supplied to make fit.)
As for motorhome superhero my grandkids think so :).
Cheers
Andy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back