Auto-sleeper faults to watch for and general opinions

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GWAYGWAY, Sep 13, 2015.

1. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

I am still wondering about a new van and the criteria I have is An automatic gearbox ,the sleeping arrangements with plenty of room and good cooking area. What has happened is that I have narrowed it down to A Mercedes base with auto 7G box as the underpinning.
    This leads me to Hymer ML-T and an ML-i Which I looked at to buy from Europe and import OR as I saw the other day at the Newark Show, an Auto-sleeper, the model on offer with a discount was a Beckford 2014 model since dropped, with the rear lounge and a dancefloor with a nice kitchen.
    I was quite taken with this van but as it must be well over a year old why did it not sell before? Do they have any build problems? any other problems that might make it a mistake to buy, it did seem quite well put together but short on large item storage.
    Anyone got one? how is it?

2. Neckender

Neckender Funster

There is an Auto Sleeper owners forum that you could ask.

John.

3. Hel999

Hel999 Funster

we are collecting our AS Suffolk (bought at newark show a week last saturday) on Thursday. On a merc sprinter with proper autobox and rear lounge it sounds similar to the Beckford but older (2010). I will let you know how we get on.

4. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

They might just be a bit biased, but I have booked onto it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. reader

reader Funster

Very little bias towards AS on there in fact the forum is ASs' biggest critic if you care to read back. Saw you signed up the other day

• Like Like x 1