Rally [Aug 20, 2015] THE BRING AND BUY BACK TO BASICS (The Cotton Arms) (4 Viewers)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Like to add my thanks to Paul and Nikki and all the friendly folk I met, nice putting faces to forum names.

Weather was interesting but apart from the damage to Joy's (@movan ) awning it didn't spoil things ............ glad @Terry (y) sorted it out for you Joy:)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
It has taken us 24 hours to recover but oh boy was it worth it!

What a totally brilliant crazy weekend. After a fretful few days for us wondering if we could make it or not (due to the Hymer being sold and not knowing when the new owner would pick her up), we then finally got there a day late.

Thank goodness we did make it as I had no idea what my scheming, secret keeping, party arranging girly Funster friends were up to!!

The thanks - where to begin - Paul and Nikki, Jag and the marshal team for the brilliant meet, it truly was the best ever.

The pink ladies for an amazing, inventive and never to be forgotten hen party. I think I muttered, I don't believe all this and OMG about 100 times. I felt humbled, honoured and stunned that you had all gone to so much effort.

The pub crawl around the vans was pure genius. I hope I remember all the bars - The Cheeky Girls Bar (Ambilkate), The Champagne Bar (Carol and Eddie), Sally's Bar visited twice, the Berne Bar (Drago35uk) The Bear Garden (Hagernaps), Sur Del Ratarsed (Cliffanger and Mousy), Jims Bar complete with glitter ball and disco, oh and how many ladies can get in his van, 28 apparently and there was still room for more. Last but not least was Dabhands French Bar. If I have missed one, please feel free to tell me off!

Finally the fantastic male waiting team. You'll not find a finer bunch of male hunks outside of Wrenbury, they were brilliant and great sports.

Colin had a slightly quieter time with his stags, let's face it being quieter than the Hens was not hard to do!! Thanks guys, he had a great time and the curry takeaway was delicious. What more could a guy want, beer and a curry!

Once we had recovered from the shock of nearly loosing the awning over the van we got a fit of the giggles, popped another cork and carried on. A big thank you to Kathy and Stuart for providing late night pizza and yet more booze.

The wedding is going to seem like a very quite affair after this weekend that's for sure.

I can honestly say we are both so happy to part of the best group of motorhoming nutters in the world, probably.

Thank you all again for making the pre-wedding celebrations something that will never be forgotten. After all how many couples can say they had their Hen and Stag party's in a field!

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks to Paul and all those involved for a fabulous weekend, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope there will be another one next year!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Hi Funsters,

Just reading all the posts regarding the last ever Bring & Buy at Cotton Arms! Difficult to add anything new, so just to emphasize that if indeed it was the last ever Bring and Buy, it was the best ever, despite the elements trying to ruin it, and it certainly went out with a bang!! So Congratulations to the Haganaps and all the support team who make it such a monumental event. Must also mention the Rex Factor and the team of entertainers who were fresh from performing at Malvern, yet did it all again at Wrenbury. Saturday was a great night aend enjoyed by all who attended.

Must finish by thanking all who either bought or donated at our bring and buy stall and the proceeds are going to go to Cancer Research.

Steve and Anne [Elvis1709]

Candy Floss

Free Member
Nov 16, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
approx 20 years
Many tks to Paul, Nikki and crew for a very enjoyable weekend. Also tks to those who helped me raise £12 for my Breathe Easy Group, the winner was Tottenham Hotspur won by my husband. Ric of Shazric drew the winner.

Reactions: JaG

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Just arrived home and would like to add our thanks to the list! Yet another fabulous Fun meet, which wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of all those who planned and ran it so brilliantly! We have had a ball, so good to meet up with friends and make new ones. Our granddaughter Taryn had a great time and can't wait to come to another. Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone!

PS....I HAVE A UKULELE!
I have earplugs as ron

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Hi All ,
As that it was the last Bring & Buy at Cotton Arms, Wrenbury it is more important that we thank Paul & Nicky (( Hagnap ) for making it " Simply The Best " Cocktails and Bacon butties were brilliant as was all you did to make the weekend so special. The marshals were fantastic for getting us all settled in so quickly and efficiently and all the helpers Jean & Graham, Pat 1951, Mike & Carol, Dave, Polly, Pete & Sal all worked very hard to make it what it was, The Rex Factor for their usual high entertainment value. Finally Simon for his brilliant contribution to the band on Saturday night was incredible. We are sorry to have missed Army Two Wheels hen party on Saturday but we unavoidably had an 80th family garden party in Little Neston to attend during that day and didn't return till the evening. Congratulations anyway to you both ! If we have missed anybody please accept our apologies and rest assured your efforts were much appreciated. Kind Regards Ron & Jeanette ( Roncab )

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Shame that was the last one, possibly the best "laid back" non laid back event You could wish for, well done Paul, Nikki and all the Marshalls, thanks to the band, Martin, Richard and Rex and all the backing singers and technicians for letting me join in again, also good to have Barry on bass laying down a groove with Rex, really enjoyed the night, I felt like a real professional, and hats off to all the lovely funsters who made it so enjoyable, cocktail parties, hen nights, drink the pub dry events (again, I blame Ken!) nice to see some peeps we haven't seen for a bit, and lovely to meet some new people, had some lovely chats, big hugs to Amanda who just makes ME feel so special, and thanks to Ken and Lynda for getting us to Nantwich for a brill curry.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Arrived home last night after a great weekend at "the last ever bring and buy sale at Wrenbury" and can only say the we (me and Gerri) enjoyed every minute, even getting soaked to the skin in the monsoon on Sat evening!! Many thanks to everyone who helped to make it so good, and especially to Paul and Nikki for the brilliant organization. Once again thanks to all the people involved in making the weekend one of the best,
Ron

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Jackie, you would have had a ball ...... or two...

That's one of the reasons we couldn't make it, the local people were holding a Policeman's Ball;

By-eck you could hear the screaming from out here in't Forest....

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Great weekend, thanks to everybody who made it so memorable. The hen party was a scream and the mojitos were to die for.
Apologies to Simon & Marg for totally destroying their Villeroy & Bosch champagne flutes, it wasn't staged as some people thought. I managed to break about 12 glasses and spill the bubbly that was in em, and that was before we'd had a drink.

Congrats to Sandra & Colin on their big day.

One of those meets that will be talked about for some time to come.

Ken & Lynda

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Great weekend, thanks to everybody who made it so memorable. The hen party was a scream and the mojitos were to die for.
Apologies to Simon & Marg for totally destroying their Villeroy & Bosch champagne flutes, it wasn't staged as some people thought. I managed to break about 12 glasses and spill the bubbly that was in em, and that was before we'd had a drink.

Congrats to Sandra & Colin on their big day.

One of those meets that will be talked about for some time to come.

Ken & Lynda
What's a shattered glass or two amongst friends eh, clumsy barsteward!!:)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Many Thanks to everyone who helped to make it great week-end. We had a great time and it was lovely putting a face to some of the names on here! Hope everyone has got home ok.

Eileen & Allen

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Wanted to add our thanks to everyone who helped organise and setup such a great and friendly event, never been before but we would encourage anybody to attend if they ever have the chance.

A special thanks to @Jimbohorlicks who saved our awning from taking off whilst I ran back from the pub, hope I get the chance pass on that good deed one day (and lesson learnt again!)

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I have to confess to being that kind lady with the doughnuts @Terry However I was trying to save myself from eating all of them, given that rain stopped play the night before and I was intending to share them at the party. But what I have to say is that post party, I think they hit the spot as I shared them the next day!
Me and Anthony thoroughly enjoyed 'hanging onto many awnings' whilst they attempted to escape over the roof tops as the hen party reached its climax!
It was a super meet, we made lots of new friends. Thanks everyone x

Kim

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks Kim, Joy @movan had already informed me of your Name (y)but to Harry you were the kind lady who just gave him a doughnut and he informed me he did not ask for it or anything "she just gave it me for nothing " :LOL:;)Apparently he has been spouting on to his mum how kind,nice and nutters everyone was :D
terry

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I confess to eating two Krispy Kreme doughnuts. ..

I'm in recovery as a doughnut holic and then you cane along and spoilt it. ..

Oh well back in therapy

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
:thanks4:We would like to add our thanks and appreciation to the Hagnaps and their assistants ! It was also our first 'bring and buy', we actually managed to sell a thing or to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back