Rally [Aug 20, 2015] THE BRING AND BUY BACK TO BASICS (The Cotton Arms) (2 Viewers)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Just picked up the grandsprog and her enormous suitcase (I'm worried now!) so will see you in a while! I'm SO excited!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Had a very busy day feel really tired so think prob better to set off early in morning so see you then all being well !!

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, we've been held up so can't leave until tomorrow morning now, see you 12ish. Cheers
Mousy, which way are you coming. The V festival is on tomorrow at Weston park so avoid the A5, A41 around around Wolverhampton area.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have fun everyone. Sounds like you will all have a blast. :) Wish I was going. :-(

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Best laid plans of mice and men......... Just got Dora back after she flew through the MOT ( they just took all day to do it). Didn't pack her before taking her down so doing it now. Will set off at crack of sparrows tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow xxx

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just had a phone call asking what time I am picking my grandson up ? :rolleyes:-I thought he had forgot I said I would take him the next time I went away. How wrong can I be -I have to pick him up around 1 ish so will be there around tea time ish and be on my best behaviour all weekend :LOL::D
terry

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We may be copying you at this rate as the MOT garage seem to be holding the Hymer to ransom!! Going to punch someone soon if they don't get on with it. Grrrrrrrrr:mad::madder:
You had better find a way of getting there then. I feel like I havn't seen you for AGES .. miss you both ...

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
not long now LETS GET READY TO PARTY ,stick us next to jim and sian as i seen her break dancing at 1.30 in the morning lol ...oops sorry sian lol
And there they were thinking they were going to get a quiet weekend :whistle:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We seem to have been travelling all day and still 23 miles away.... Stop start traffic...Oh Please! I've taken less time to fly to NewYork

See you all soon (hopefully)
image.jpg

And grumpy Mr Mousy dosnt want to play I spy anymore:rolleyes:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We seem to have been travelling all day and still 23 miles away.... Stop start traffic...Oh Please! I've taken less time to fly to NewYork

View attachment 73324

bloody middle lane drivers :LOL::LOL:

edit, not even left yet, just after 7 for us we hope, may still get there before you Dawn

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

View attachment 73324

It doesn't matter Dawn as long as you are here in time for cocktails at 7pm all will be well.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Got back after lunch today from Wrenbury. A really good weekend and it was nice to meet so many friends again....from the now familiar 'tent' at the entrance gate. We hope the new members enjoyed their first rallies with MotorhomeFun.
Thank you to Patrick for the fantastic job he did on his first 'line up' and helping me to get everyone in and located. Getting the motorhomes to park where you want them can be a challenge but.....with great cooperation from all and Patricks 'left a bit, right a bit......turn around the other way.....all went well.
The weather was hit and miss, though we had some good sunshine....as well as a storm and a half on Saturday evening. As Mike would say....''It's too cold to have thunder and lightning.'' That was 5 minutes before he was hanging onto his awning for dear life as his flag pole went at right angles and almost touched the floor. Torrential rain and thunder and lightning followed for the next half hour.
The Friday Cocktail party was well attended and many stayed around even after they had drunk the bar dry. Thank you Nikki for the superb mixtures on offer.
Saturday afternoon was Colin and Sandra's Hen and Stag parties. The ladies were all dressed up in pink and had a 'pub crawl' around the motorhomes, as did the Stag party of Colin's.
The entertainment of the Rex factor and supporting acts was superb as usual and a good time was had by all. Jim got lots of 'happy snaps' for the album.
Sunday morning was 'brekkie outside Paul & Nikki's' and an army of cooks turned up to butter the rolls and cook the bacon. It was thought all had been fed.....then Stuart turned up and a new pack was opened.
Jean says Thank You for everyone who bought cards, of which part of the proceeds go to the Derbyshire Air Ambulance.
Thank you to everyone for making the weekend a pleasant and easy one for both Jean and myself. We will see you all again somewhere, sometime.......or, if not before, at Twin Lakes in September 2016.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The last ever Bring and Buy.

Well it was good to be a part of it and the electric firework display laid on was inspirational.

Thanks Paul. All good thing have to come to an end sometime and this one went out on a high.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks everyone involved in the organising of this meet... brilliant as ever..... lovely cocktails by Nicky and fabulous hen part for Sandra @Armytwowheels ... who says women can't keep a secret!!!! :)

Thanks to all the teenagers who are just amazing and such good fun.

Thanks to Terry for fixing my awning after that sort of mini tornado took mine, and others', awning for a ride in the air despite three men trying to hold onto it. :(

Oh dear, there are so many people to thank, Ambilkate being a special person too ... thank you thank you thank you. Once Jim puts an album in the Rally list I will download the photos I took and I am sure all the other people will put theirs on too.. Great fun. Thanks @haganap

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
A big thanks to everyone who made this weekend so special (y)(y)(y)(y)Got home safely after a uneventful trip (phew;))Harry's finger got better the nearer we got home :LOL:Not sure if he wants to come to another funster meet but he did say how friendly and nice everyone was and thanks to Ron who lent him his bike and the kind lady who gave him a Doughnut this morning "she just gave it me grandad for nothing":D(y)THANKS EVERYONE (y)no idea what his thoughts on a bunch of lady's dress in pink drinking every van visited dry but he will remember it for a long time :D
terry

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Home safe and sound, we too had a really great weekend. I'm feeling much better and whilst not back to normal I'm getting there.
Now to the thanks....the list is long my friends....

Paul nicki and the gang thank you very much for a lovely bring and buy, as always we really enjoy your meets. (y)

Cliff and Ger our Funsters Besties (how would we cope without you two?):love:

Tootles, Colin, Terry, Ron, Cliff and any other Radom male funsters for getting under our van and mending our grey waste pipe and valve after we ran over a caravan jockey wheel on the M5. You all seem to love getting your hands dirty.;)

Graham and Jane(?!) our rally neighbours and newbies, who looked out their window to find us almost under their awning. :eek:

Sandra and the girls for letting me take part in the secret hen do. (I echo all of Ger's thoughts above on that!). Not sure I'm ready for the photos!:ROFLMAO:

All the talented musicians for the music and entertainment. :cool:

Jim for the laughs and running the best motorhome club in the world. :D

Sian for the fizz. :whistle:

All our Funster friends old and newly made for the lovely chats and laughter. :)

And finally thanks to the landlord of the cotton arms for the beer.:sick:

Oh and for awning straps....they worked a treat. :rolleyes:

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Just arrived home and would like to add our thanks to the list! Yet another fabulous Fun meet, which wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of all those who planned and ran it so brilliantly! We have had a ball, so good to meet up with friends and make new ones. Our granddaughter Taryn had a great time and can't wait to come to another. Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone!

PS....I HAVE A UKULELE!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back